Qualities of a Good Father

Dear Friends the Fathers,
Happy Fathers Day.
My greetings expands to every father whether lay or spiritual as
priest or ordained.
I wish that you share with me the thoughts about the qualities
of a good father. My own answer can guess 2 : beeing present and protecting
his family. It is so important to kow what a good father should be,
otherwise we cannot understand Our Father Who is In Heavens.
Please share with me your thoughts.
With God's blessing.
Peace and Good.
Nohamaria:)

A good father is:
Just
Merciful and
Provider.

A good father is also the sign of:
Faith
Hope and
Love
in every family, whether it be spiritual, social or biological.

A good father therefore should be a living sign of
the fatherhood of the Father to Jesus,
just as every good son/daughter should be a living sign of
the sonship of Jesus to the Father in Heaven.

[quote="geekborj, post:2, topic:202550"]
A good father is:
Just
Merciful and
Provider.

A good father is also the sign of:
Faith
Hope and
Love
in every family, whether it be spiritual, social or biological.

A good father therefore should be a living sign of
the fatherhood of the Father to Jesus,
just as every good son/daughter should be a living sign of
the sonship of Jesus to the Father in Heaven.

[/quote]

This is rightly said , a very good reply indeed.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Be blessed.

*Dear Nohamaria,

I saw this thread the other day and have been thinking about it ever since. I got a quick moment tonight so I thought I would share my thoughts on what I believe are good qualities of a good Father.

To me a Father is…

The one who is everything and everywhere for me…
Always protecting me from unforeseen dangers…
Always providing guidance for me in everything, even when I am not aware that I need it, and even when I willfully, pridefully, and stubbornly “think” I do not need His guidance or when I “think” I know better Him.
And when I finally stumble and fall, flat on my face, from my willfully, stubborn pride. He is always there to stand me up again and comforts me with the most loving and all encompassing embrace.
He has a seemingly endless supply of patience. Always letting me try over and over again to just trust Him and over and over again He keeps having to pick me up.
He is the wise Father. He knows that when I do learn to swallow my willfully blind, ignorant and stubborn pride and learn to trust His guidance, His leadership, and His protection, I will realize and understand that He is so much more wiser than I am and that He was right all along. But, He never holds it against me but welcomes me and engulfs me in that all encompassing loving embrace of His.
So for me the qualities of a good Father are…
Loving provider, protector, teacher, and comforter with an endless supply of patience.
Even when He is not appreciated and taken for granted and told He does not know what
He is talking about, He never abandons us.

[quote="simple_soul, post:4, topic:202550"]
*Dear Nohamaria,

I saw this thread the other day and have been thinking about it ever since. I got a quick moment tonight so I thought I would share my thoughts on what I believe are good qualities of a good Father.

To me a Father is....

The one who is everything and everywhere for me....
Always protecting me from unforeseen dangers....
Always providing guidance for me in everything, even when I am not aware that I need it, and even when I willfully, pridefully, and stubbornly "think" I do not need His guidance or when I "think" I know better Him.
And when I finally stumble and fall, flat on my face, from my willfully, stubborn pride. He is always there to stand me up again and comforts me with the most loving and all encompassing embrace.
He has a seemingly endless supply of patience. Always letting me try over and over again to just trust Him and over and over again He keeps having to pick me up.
He is the wise Father. He knows that when I do learn to swallow my willfully blind, ignorant and stubborn pride and learn to trust His guidance, His leadership, and His protection, I will realize and understand that He is so much more wiser than I am and that He was right all along. But, He never holds it against me but welcomes me and engulfs me in that all encompassing loving embrace of His.
So for me the qualities of a good Father are..
Loving provider, protector, teacher, and comforter with an endless supply of patience.
Even when He is not appreciated and taken for granted and told He does not know what
He is talking about, He never abandons us.

[/quote]

God Bless you , simple soul, I am truly impressed of what
you wrote, those are very fairly words said about a father.
I wept. Those still human qualities, but, what we can
say about our Heavenly, Perfect loving Father. We can't even
imagine and no words can explain our happiness when we leave
ourselves to him.
With Gods blessings and my deep thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.