Queen of Heaven and Earth?

Alright, I’m back. Not at my house but, on a computer in a house with ac and hot showers. I’m telling you Rita was the worst girl I’ve meet scince my last girlfreind.

Sorry, just happy to be back in civalization. But, Rita does play an intricate part of my question. Right, I lose power and I end up going to my aunts house up in kontze to look after her, another aunt, and my Gandmother from the anslaught of the 7 year old twins of freinds of the family and anyway my aunt who is ussaly rather placid to the Catholic Church (I think because of my closeness to it) just about went on a rant late one night as we were filling up the genterator. And it went something simalar to this:

Mary had temporaraly apostosied (or something like) before comeing around (the passage where the crowd says to Jesus “your mother and brothers are looking for you” and Jesus goes to say who is my mother: who are my brothers? those who do the will of the father?) and that the Catholic Church really pagenized Mary with the “Queen of Heaven” which she said was the title of some pagen Godess (bathshiba or someone).

Now my questions are as follows, What am I to think of the Passage of Marys sopposed lapse?

I don’t quite understand that “Queen of Heaven and Earth” thing. Is Mary married to Jesus or The Father or what? And is it pagen? Why do we baleive this?

Hello.

From what I have read, the tradition of hierarchy (considering nobility) in biblical times was that of a mother/son rule, meaning quite simply, that the mother was the queen and the son was the king. The wife of the king had relatively no authorative power.

In this same manner, Mary is the Queen of Heaven and Earth as Jesus is the King of Heaven and Earth.

Do not confuse the new standard of nobility with Jesus/Mary. They are not married.

Read Psalm 45, which is addressed to Christ, until you come to verse 9. Verse 9, which the psalmist is speaking to Christ, reads: “Kings’ daughters were among Thy honourable women. Upon Thy right hand did stand THE QUEEN in gold of Ophir.”

Psalm 45 is spoken to Christ (Hebrews 1:8-9). Christ is in Heaven (Hebrews 4:14, among many, many others.) There is a queen who stands at the right hand of Christ (Psalm 45:9). Since Christ is in Heaven, then the queen who stands at His right can be in no other place than Heaven also.

Revelation 12:1 (DR): “And a great sign appeared in Heaven: a woman clothed with the sun and the moon under Her feet, and on Her head a crown of twelve stars.” This woman is wearing a crown, which connotes royalty. A woman who wears a crown is commonly considered either a queen or a princess.

So, who is this woman? Revelation 12:5 (DR): “And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with an iron rod, and Her Son was taken up to God and to His throne.” The man child who will rule the nations with a rod of iron is Christ. See Revelation 19:14-16 and Psalm 2:7-9. His mother can be no other than Mary.

When we look into the Old Testament, we find even more support for the Queenship of Mary. Jesus is the Messianic King. This Messianic Kingship is pre-figured in the ancient and Godly Kingship of David and Solomon. At the time of the historic Israel, next to the throne of the King was a second throne. Many would assume that the second throne belonged to the wife of the King, but in Israel it belonged to the **mother ** of the king. In Hebrew the word “Gebirah” means Queen Mother.
An example of the role of Queen Mother was when Adonijah cunningly sought a high-ranking bride from Solomon, he first petitioned the Queen Mother, Bathsheba:

1 Kings 2: 17-21: So he continued, "Please ask King Solomon - he will not refuse you - to give me Abishag the Shunammite as my wife. “Very well,” Bathsheba replied, “I will speak to the king for you.” When Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him for Adonijah, the king stood up to meet her, bowed down to her and sat down on his throne. He had a throne brought for the king’s mother, and she sat down at his right hand.

The special status of the Queen Mother remained throughout the time that the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah endured:

Jeremiah 13:18: Say to the king and to the queen mother, “Come down from your thrones for your glorious crowns will fall from your heads.” The cities of the Negev will be shut up and there will be no-one to open them. All Judah will be carried into exile, carried completely away.

In Scriptural terms therefore, just as Jesus’s Messianic Kingship is prefigured in the role of King of Israel, so Mary’s role is prefigured in that of the Gebirah. The existence of this rare and unusual institution in Israel and Judah is providential. It reflects and prefigures the Messianic order. Mary is Heavenly Queen Mother, because her son Jesus is the Heavenly King.

The pagan goddess thing sounds like a slightly garbled account of a Jack Chick comic. Jack Chick is an anti-Catholic who mixes enough truth in with lies about Catholic teachings to really confuse some people.

No, there is nothing pagan in the Catholic beliefs about Mary although as I said, there are lies about it spread chiefly through Jack Chick.

You can find the truth about Mary and Catholic beliefs about her, that are **not **pagan at all here catholic.com/thisrock/1992/9212fea2.asp

Or do your own search for more articles here catholic.com/default.asp

Just type in “Queen of Heaven” in the search and/or read the articles about Mary and the Saints.

God Bless,
Maria

Axion,

That’s probably the most succinct explanation of a difficult doctrine that I have seen in a very long time.

Well done, good and faithful servant!

God Bless,
RyanL

[quote=Mary had temporaraly apostosied (or something like) before comeing around (the passage where the crowd says to Jesus “your mother and brothers are looking for you” and Jesus goes to say who is my mother: who are my brothers? those who do the will of the father?)
[/QUOTE]

The Gospel of Mark says that Jesus’ relatives thought that he had gone out of his mind, thus apparently giving the reason why his “mother and brothers” would look for him. This does not mean that Mary thought Jesus was out of his mind, since relatives could exclusively apply to his “brothers.” As a mother, however, Mary would naturally express concern for the safety of her Son. That is not a sin.

When his “mother and brothers” arrive and ask for him, Jesus takes the opportunity to teach a spiritual lesson, not to accuse his mother of apostasy or disrespect her. By saying that his mother and his brothers were all those that did the will of God, he sought to emphasize spiritual relationships over carnal ones. Mary is always presented in the Bible as the one who believes and does the will of God (Luke 1:38, 45, Luke 3:51, John 2:5, John 19:25-27, Acts 1:14). Therefore, not only is she a member of Jesus’ biological family, but of his spiritual one as well.

God Bless
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.