Question About Baptism and Being a Child of God

Hi! I just registered to this forum and I absolutely LOVE the advice given on here! After hearing today’s Gospel and reflecting on it throughout the day, a question crossed my mind. If someone has not been fortunate enough to be baptized, are they not to be considered a dearly loved child of God? I know that we are adopted through the Sacrament of Baptism and become God’s children, but for those who never had access to Baptism or just simply never heard of it nor God, are they still dearly loved children of God? I know that someone can be baptized through desire and by blood if not by water, but I also know that there are some communities out there in the world that have simply never been exposed to the truth of Baptism.

Thanks!

God is our Creator and He loves all that He created. But He becomes our Father when we are baptized and receive grace in our soul. We become adopted sons and daughters of God because in baptism we are born into new life.

See the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c1a1.htm
1213** Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),4 and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."5

1243 The newly baptized is now, in the only Son, a child of God entitled to say the prayer of the children of God: "Our Father."

(bold is mine)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.