Question about baptism?

How does it start out?I want to get familiarized with it, because soon im starting the process, thank you guys.

Read the Catechism section on baptism:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c1a1.htm

They hold you under water till you repent man! It’s very effective. :smiley:

I was baptised in an emergency situation in a hospital. Father poured a big cup of water over my head. Soaked the bed. Were those nurses MAD....they had to change sheets and my hospital nightie. I was kinda upset cause I wanted to be baptised with the others in my RCIA class in a beautiful ceremony with candles and stuff. Oh well, it ain't important how, only that it was done.

To the OP - congratulations and welcome. Your baptism will be awesome and something you'll never forget. Enjoy it!

[quote="ChangedMan, post:1, topic:322681"]
How does it start out?I want to get familiarized with it, because soon im starting the process, thank you guys.

[/quote]

Are you asking how baptism is done or are you asking about the process an adult goes through to be baptized?

If you're asking about the process, it's called RCIA, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. You can ask about RCIA at your local parish and they'll know what you're looking for. It's a process of education about Catholic beliefs and practices and a time of deepening your relationship with the Lord.

Adults receive their sacraments of initiation -- baptism, confirmation, and First Eucharist -- at the Easter Vigil, the Saturday night before Easter, in a glorious Mass that you'll remember forever.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.