Question about Blessed Sacrament chapel

I have been at a chapel with a tiny Blessed Sacrament chapel just beside it. there the Eucharist is exposed in a monstrance with a veil covering it, and the monstrance itself is enclosed in a large covered cabinet. If this is the set-up , should no one leave the Eucharist alone? I’ve read somewhere that the Eucharist should not be left alone.
there is no perpetual Adoration system there. People come and go.

I know at the perpetual adoration chapel I go to, there is a similar veil that one is supposed to put if, for some reason, someone must leave the Blessed Sacrament alone. So I’m assuming its permissable to do that. :shrug:

When the monstrance is covered with a veil, there is no need to have someone present, in fact, thats how we close the adoration chapel, Saturday Evening.

Only when the Blessed Sacrament is exposed, are people required to be in His presence.

No, the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the monstrance should not be left alone.

From the 2004 Instruction Redemptionis Sacramentum:
"[138.] Still, the Most Holy Sacrament, when exposed, must never be left unattended even for the briefest space of time. It should therefore be arranged that at least some of the faithful always be present at fixed times, even if they take alternating turns."

Is the “large covered cabinet” a tabernacle? If not, this also sounds wrong. From the Code of Canon Law, canon 938:
"§1 The blessed Eucharist is to be reserved habitually in only one tabernacle of a church or oratory. …
"§3 The tabernacle in which the blessed Eucharist is habitually reserved is to be immovable, made of solid and non-transparent material, and so locked as to give the greatest security against any danger of profanation."
(The Code of Canon Law: New revised English Translation, HarperCollins Liturgical, 1997, ISBN 000599375X.)

A document which directly addresses these issues in the USCCB publication “Thirty-One Questions on Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament”. (See usccbpublishing.org/productdetails.cfm?sku=5-595 ) A large extract has also been published in Notitiae, a Vatican journal, giving what it says added weight.

hi, the ‘covered cabinet’ is not a tabernacle, since there’s a glass so you could see the Eucharist. sorry, i just didn’t know how to describe that container.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.