Question about Catholic Charities

SHOULD CC be more public about the Good [GREAT] WORKS they do?

How might this be accomplished if you think it’s a good idea?

Yes, I agree but have no experience with marketing/advertising so no good ideas for you.

You mean, should they perform their good works on street corners for the world to see them? :wink:

I think they’re probably focused on doing their good works rather than seeking publicity for them. But that is an interesting idea. Should Catholic Charities USA have a very visible PR campaign? I’d have to think about that for a bit. :hmmm:

Catholic Charities is pretty de-centralized, though. Each diocese has their own Catholic Charities office that operates more or less independently.

=Joe 5859;9821104]You mean, should they perform their good works on street corners for the world to see them? :wink:

I think they’re probably focused on doing their good works rather than seeking publicity for them. But that is an interesting idea. Should Catholic Charities USA have a very visible PR campaign? I’d have to think about that for a bit. :hmmm:

Catholic Charities is pretty de-centralized, though. Each diocese has their own Catholic Charities office that operates more or less independently.

Hi Joe,

No I asked what I mean.:slight_smile:

The Church is publically batted around for all kinds of thisngs.:o I wonder if there might not be a benefit to making the CC case more public?

I can see how there would be a benefit. But I can also see a lot of priests and bishops being skeptical about using the goods works that the Catholic Church does as a means of spinning some positive PR. You’d definitely need a PR person who really knows what they’re doing to strike the right balance.

I think of Jesus telling his disciples not to tell anyone when he had just done a miricle.

It seems to me that the work must speak for itself. I don’t think there is anybody in the world who doesn’t know who Mother Teresa is, or that she is Catholic.

=babs57;9822042]I think of Jesus telling his disciples not to tell anyone when he had just done a miricle.

It seems to me that the work must speak for itself. I don’t think there is anybody in the world who doesn’t know who Mother Teresa is, or that she is Catholic.

GREAT point:D

So then who do you know persoanlly who can speak in an informed manner about what catholic Charities does?

God Bless,
Pat

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.