Question about choosing my saint

I am in RCIA and they want me to choose a saint, I was wondering if I could choose mother Teresa ? Or is she not a saint yet? I’m not sure how it works!

Thank you for your help.

She’s a Blessed who’s going to be canonized this year. You may certainly choose her. Good luck with RCIA!

Thank you so much for the answer!! :slight_smile:

Are you becoming Catholic next Easter Vigil? Like the other poster said, Mother Teresa is going to be canonized soon, so I would imagine she will be known as Saint Teresa of Calcutta by the time you enter the Church. :slight_smile:

They said that they are having classes this summer!

She will be canonized on Sept 4th I believe.
Our teens are being Confirmed next Sunday, and several have chosen Bl. Theresa of Calcutta.
No problem.

I believe you will have no problem at all choosing Mother Teresa as your saint. I hope you decide to follow through at the end of RCIA and become Catholic. :slight_smile: If you have any questions about the faith, please feel free to send me a PM. I would be more than happy to answer any question(s) you may have.

Thank you so much!!!

You are very welcome!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.