Question about confession and the Eucharist

Can one confess a venial sin that was forgiven already via Eucharist?
Today when I went to mass, I received the Eucharist on the tongue, but the Deacon ministering communion accidentally put two hosts on my tongue, I didn’t know what to do, so I just ate them both. What should I do If that happens again?

Yes most certainly.

I see you added to the question as I answered the first.

I would think that such would be: “one Holy Communion received”…and consumed as such.

Of course if one sees he is about to do so and one can indicate to him that such is the case one - one could gesture or something. But it it likely does not happen very often.

Were you the very last person receiving? Or do you think it was just a simple random thing?

I don’t think there’s anything “to do” except consume the Body of Christ. You say it was accidental. OK. I doubt it will happen again.

Consume them with joy; you’re in good company. :slight_smile:

From St. Thérèse de Lisieux’s autobiography, Story of a Soul:

*I approached, and oh, what joy! For the first time in my life I saw the priest take two hosts which were well separated and place them on my tongue! * (p. 173, J. Clarke)

This is not a sin. There is simply nothing inherently improper regarding receiving more than one host. Christ is equally present, whether one or both were consumed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.