Question about Confirmation Name

Hi all. I was just wondering if it was proper to take 2 names for confirmation instead of one. I was wanting to take Mary Therese for our Blessed Mother and for St. Therese of Lisieux. I feel led to both of these but I don’t want to take 2 if it isn’t proper. I thought about this on the way home from RCIA last night and I don’t have my RCIA team’s numbers/emails with me at work so I thought I’d do the next best thing and ask the board! :slight_smile:

Congratulations! This is indeed an exciting time of year!

Of course you may take two names for your Confirmation. Have a special devotion to three Saints? Choose all three! Having more than one name is not uncommon, and in fact, many religious take on two or three when they take their vows.

God bless you!

Kelly

You can choose whatever name you like as long as it is a Christian saint, attribute of Mary and the like.

By the way, Blessed Mother Teresa took the name Sister Mary Therese when she made her first profession of vows.:wink:

Really? That’s pretty interesting to know! Thanks!

and Thanks for all your responses, I think I will be taking Mary Therese for my name! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.