Question about Courtship

Just wondering if anybody could give me any information on how courtship works

Like at what age should the persons be, How long should one court with another before marriage, what signs of chaste affection should be expressed, and how it is different than dating, if it is?

Chastity - plenty here

and

Youth Page

[quote="sursumcorda, post:1, topic:254463"]
Just wondering if anybody could give me any information on how courtship works

Like at what age should the persons be, How long should one court with another before marriage, what signs of chaste affection should be expressed, and how it is different than dating, if it is?

[/quote]

Ask your parents.

Courtship isn't dating. It's only begun when one is ready to settle down and get married. You've got the rest of high school and college ahead of you. It's not unheard of for chaste couples to marry while in college but it can be more difficult in some ways.

I would draw the line at holding hands. I wish for my sons to save their first kiss for their future wife. Many consider that to be unrealistic, I do not.

Timeline for courting is entirely up to the couple, but I would say a calendar year, including all the holidays, so as to get to know each other's family traditions, etc.

Courtship usually involves the families of the couples, including siblings, instead of one on one dating. That way, there are more people around to help stop any temptations to be less than chaste. It is the way things used to be, before "dating" became common.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.