question about Divine Mercy chaplet

What do people think about when they pray the Divine Mercy chaplet? I know that rosaries are said with meditation, but I’ve never heard anything about the chaplet.

I’ve used the wounds of Christ, but I would be interested to know as well!

I like to meditate on the image of Divine Mercy and envision Jesus standing above our world and the rays of his mercy covering the earth.

If you’re looking for something more formal, here’s a link to a couple of ways of doing a meditated chaplet:

[/font]

Jennifer http://forum.catholic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

[quote=alyssa]I’ve used the wounds of Christ, but I would be interested to know as well!
[/quote]

This is the way I was taught.

[quote=alyssa]I’ve used the wounds of Christ, but I would be interested to know as well!
[/quote]

That’s what I usually do as well. meditate on the 5 Sacred Wounds of Christ. And sometimes even the sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary. In any case, I think of the passion of Christ in some way.

For me, it depends. Sometimes I think deeply of the Passion of our Lord, and other times, I will think of the intentions with which I have offered that particular prayer for that day. For ex. I always pray it for the conversion of souls and for the dying. Often I will run through my mind images of people I know personally who are in those states, or images in general of people. Often my mind is filled with images of starvation and war, then of the abandoned, forgotten, lonely…Finally, I always picture Christ at some point during his Passion (usually the scourging).
As was said before- focus on His Passion.

May the Merciful Jesus bless you!

When i pray the chaplet I think about all the situations and people in the world who are in desperate need for the mercy of God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.