Question about early heresy

I remember reading or hearing about a Bishop in the early Church (I’m thinking post-Apostolic Age, but definitely before the Schism) who argued canonical status for the Gospels only. I’ve been looking around but can’t seem to find information on this individual or his arguments and I’m wondering if anyone knows who I’m talking about.

Basically, he rejected the whole of the Old Testament and viewed Acts, the Epistles, etc. as supplementary but not canonical. Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

The only person who comes to mind is Marcion of Sinope, and early bishop who rejected
the Old Testament from the Jews, all gospels safe his version of Luke (with references to
the Old Testament edited out). I think he rejected Acts too, accepting only the Letters of
Paul in his canon. He saw God in the Old Testament as an Evil God, separate/inferior to
the True God who sent Jesus to save us. Kinda Gnostic without the “Gnosis,” you know.
Is that anywhere close to what you have?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.