Question about full knowledge of mortal sin

The OP was asking about moral guilt.

I used the normal way of speaking there in answering.

It was a mistake not a sin.

The context of the question provides what was meant there by “not a sin”.

Not a sin one is culpable for but an honest mistake.

This is all though taking the thread off the course of the OP’s question. But that has been answered so perhaps let it come to an end.

Yes.

The OP was asking about moral guilt…

I used the normal way of speaking there in answering.

It was a mistake not a sin.

The context of the question provides what was meant there by “not a sin”.

Not a sin one is culpable for but an honest mistake.

This is all though taking the thread off the course of the OP’s question. But that has been answered so perhaps let it come to an end.

I can only analyse what you wrote.
"if Sam takes a car thinking it it his … that is … Not a sin. "

Your example IS validly called both a “sin” and a “mistake”.
Your statement above was theologically sloppy in itself and as it stands.

If you cannot accept this you deny Aquinas.
Is it so hard to admit in public you sometimes make small theological mistakes :blush:.

No.

You can read it context of the OP question and my other posts.:wink:

What?

Please read all the posts.

I did not make a mistake.

(here that is…I often make mistakes such as forget to get what my wife wanted me to get…or forget to do this or that she asked…but no not here in this thread)

No.

You can read it context of the OP question and my other posts.:wink:

Married, yet in conversation with partner of adultery…Mortal sin or not?

Do not follow the question.

Bookcat did not make a mistake he/she is correct. You are taking Aquinas out of context. Bottom line is it is not sinful to accidentally drive someone else’s car home.

You mean a person talking with another person about them committing adultery? (hey lets commit adultery)

Yes that is a mortal sin if the needed knowledge and consent are present.

He.

I added some time back:

“USA with my wife and three children”

Cause some took be to be a she.

All moral faults are sins; not all sins are moral faults.
Unjustly taking somethin valuable that belongs to another is a grave matter and therefore a rightly called sin even if a mistake.

Pure Aquinas, though a somewhat foreign concept to modern minds.

Interesting that you are pedantic with others but “contextual” with yourself :blush:.

Indeed this validly belongs to the genus sin if done without owners knowledge or consent.
If one’s action is not culpable, which is true here, then it must have been a sinful action.
We do not call actions “non culpable” if they were not sinful in the first place.
We rarher call them good or of no consequence I would think.

You are simply incorrect.
An accident like taking the wrong car home is not a moral fault, except by stretch of imagination or obstinate error. :wink:
Please don’t misuse Aquinas to promote error.

Where did I say moral fault was in play?

When you can provide some authority for your personal opinion other than the force of warm air let’s take this further.

:shrug:

Please don’t condescend. You prove nothing by deflecting and condescending as if you have special knowledge that no one else has.

As usual, posters provide you reams of good info which you reduce to your opinion.

More warm air and more negative emotion and still no reasoned argument, references, quotes or appeal to respected external authority :shrug:.

Nor have you answered my question…where did I say there is moral fault…something that suggests you have not read my posts carefully.

These are the reasons your posts are not worthy of further engagement, go out.

Asking for answers or information for the 4th and 5th time is baiting.

Nor have you answered my question…where did I say there is moral fault…something that suggests you have not read my posts carefully.

These are the reasons your posts are not worthy of further engagement, go out.

I don’t know about others here, but I personally post for people reading who might have the wrong idea that the Catholic Church believes driving home the wrong car by accident is a sin. :eek:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.