Question about John Corapi

I’ve done a little bit of homework on the gentleman and am curious, since he has decided to leave the priesthood (which, I’m sorry to hear that’s the case) does that mean the order is no longer going to investigate? Or did I misunderstand?

we don't need a new thread, visit the existing threads on Catholic news, they have every conceivable link to every blog and news site with more than you ever wanted to know about this

[quote="Discerner359, post:1, topic:244985"]
I've done a little bit of homework on the gentleman and am curious, since he has decided to leave the priesthood (which, I'm sorry to hear that's the case) does that mean the order is no longer going to investigate? Or did I misunderstand?

[/quote]

I think maybe you did. He never said he is LEAVING the priesthood (unless I'm the one who's mistaken). Once a priest, always a priest.

My question is if the church allows catholics to continue to follow a non sanctioned spokesperson. Since Fr. Corapi is no longer a member of a religious community, can he speak for the church?

By virtue of our baptism, we are all called to spread Christ’s truths. We can listen to what he has to say, if we choose. He was a compelling preacher. Too bad the world got to him and he got caught up in the money-making aspect of what he was doing. As he used to say, we are in a war between principalities and powers. And priests are prime targets, just like officers on the battlefield are prime targets for snipers. He has been wounded. We should pray for him.

There are many lay persons who talk about the Catholic faith in magazines and on radio. And, of course, if you consider the internet the number of persons doing so becomes enormous. The key is discerning when they are speaking accurately.

:banghead: How did I miss the giant thread in Catholic news. Sorry about that!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.