question about mass

after the priest consecrates the host and we’ve all exchange the sign of peace, the priest will break off a little piece of the eucharist and put it into the BLOOD to signify the resurrection, WHAT IS THAT CLLED?

Intinction? I am not sure.

Usque.

Intinction is correct.

matt

[quote=edmca]after the priest consecrates the host and we’ve all exchange the sign of peace, the priest will break off a little piece of the eucharist and put it into the BLOOD to signify the resurrection, WHAT IS THAT CLLED?
[/quote]

d. Commingling: the celebrant drops a part of the host into the chalice. From the GIRM

I believe intinction is dipping the host into the Precious Blood, and then receiving the host, thus part of the act of receiving.

amy

[quote=marty1818]Intinction is correct.

matt
[/quote]

I researched this on a couple of sites and I think the answer is actually commingling. Intinction is a method of giving out communion, whereas commingling is done everywhere.

Aha, I knew intinction was similar but not the right word.

Usque.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.