Question about my Brown Scapular

Hello all…I recently was enrolled into the Confraternity of O.L. of Mt. Carmel (THe Brown Scapular)…I just have a couple of questions:

1. Am I right assuming that once enrolled, if I replace the scapular I do not need to have it blessed or re-enrolled right?
  2. I am waiting on a new Brown Scapular in the mail…I currently possess a 5-Fold Scapular, which has a Brown scapular in it…can I wear it in the meantime and still receive the benefits of the Brown Scapular? I am not enrolled into the other 4 scapulars…but I should still be able to wear it since it has a brown scapular right?

Thanks everyone for your input…

Yes, to question number 1.

As for question 2, I’m not sure. At the very least, it will do you no harm to wear the 5 way medal, even though you wouldn’t recieve the blessings attached to the scapulars.

Just a little note…it isn’t a five way medal…it is a five-fold scapular…it is 5 wool scapulars sewed together: White, Red, Blue, Brown, and Black…Like I said, I am already enrolled in the Brown, so I would think I would receive the blessings from it…I am just not sure if it is ok to wear it though, since I am not enrolled into the other 4.

[quote=Fidelis]Yes, to question number 1.

As for question 2, I’m not sure. At the very least, it will do you no harm to wear the 5 way medal, even though you wouldn’t recieve the blessings attached to the scapulars.
[/quote]

You can wear the 5 in 1 with confidence. The brown will work.And if you get a new brown scapular you don’t get enrolled again. But I would get it blessed.

Thanks John…you always offer such great insight…I appreciate it. By the way…I emailed Opus Dei…they replied and we are in touch with each other…thanks for the help.

[quote=John Russell Jr]You can wear the 5 in 1 with confidence. The brown will work.And if you get a new brown scapular you don’t get enrolled again. But I would get it blessed.
[/quote]

I can’t wait to get my 5 way scapular!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.