Question about my prayer

Ok, I’m new here and I have been reading on this forum for quite a while.

I prayed to God the Father at least once a day. I know that many of my prayers were answered, like getting good grades in the pre-pharmacy classes I’m taking and easily getting experience opportunities. My question is this, why is God not making my post infectious ibs and my other fast food related health problems either get better or go away? I went to gastroenterologist and several doctors. I even had a procedure.

Is this a punishment from God because I ate nothing but junk food and fast food for almost a decade? and is this a punishment of me not listening to my parents before?

I have never been this ill in my entire life. I don’t get sick often in my life and in those few cases where I got sick, it’s usually really minor things.

I just properly started my journey on becoming a good Catholic so I don’t know too much about the Catholic bible and theology so forgive me.

Is God ignoring my serious illness?

You need to write this post to get answers and guidance in the spirituality forum, this is a prayer forum … I will pray for you …

Divine Mercy Chaplet

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Did you ever thank God that your problems aren’t more serious than they are? God is not punishing you nor the millions of people who suffer around the world everyday. Stop thinking that God should act in the way you think He should.

**Glorious Saint Michael, Prince of the heavenly hosts, who stands always ready to give assistance to the people of God; who fought with the dragon, the old serpent, and cast him out of heaven, and now valiantly defends the Church of God that the gates of hell may never prevail against her, I earnestly entreat you to assist me also, in the painful and dangerous conflict which I sustain against the same formidable foe.

Be with me, O mighty Prince! that I may courageously fight and vanquish that proud spirit, whom you, by the Divine Power, gloriously overthrew, and whom our powerful King, Jesus Christ, has, in our nature, completely overcome; so having triumphed over the enemy of my salvation, I may with you and the holy angels, praise the clemency of God who, having refused mercy to the rebellious angels after their fall, has granted repentance and forgiveness to fallen man.

Amen. **

:highprayer:

WE are responsible for our decisions in life,
if we smoke, we will be exposed to the possi-
bility of smoking related problems, if we eat
junk food we will face the possibility of obesity
and gastrointestinal problems, God merely
WANTS us to respect that every choice of ours
has consequences, that’s the Law of Life!!
Just ADMIT to God that you have made the
Wrong choices in diet and ask Him for Mercy!!
Amen.

Our neighbor is in great duress - keeping in mind, Techno has listed “Marxist-Atheism” (link to an EWTN article on this) which is pretty hardcore Atheism. Therefore, though while this is true that the way the OP is worded doesn’t make this the best forum to post in - it is, in fact, a cry in the dark for our prayers and God’s mercy. A few words of encouragement are just as much a prayer as any we can say for We (Mathew 5:13-16)are the salt of the earth… You are the light of the world

Matthew 25: 35-39 (link)
[36] (…): sick, and you visited me(…) [40] And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me

Dear Techno, God doesn’t usually punish like this, he loves us beyond our understanding
John 3:16 (link) [16] For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting.

; however, he may allow suffering for a just cause:
Matthew 26:36 (link)
[39] And going a little further, he fell upon his face, praying, and saying: My Father, if it be possible, let this chalice pass from me. Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

The Book of Job (link)
The entire book here, it’s a long read and I prefer the Douay-Rheims translation; however, you may find the Job(RSVCE) or Job(NABCE) to be easier to read (although there are other versions out there, the DR, RSVCE, and NABRE are the preferred versions and should include the 7 Books and original passages that most protestant versions will omit (5 Myths about 7 Books (link))

and we are a part of the material world, things happen that are not always fair and ***not ***usually because of anything that we’ve done (we do have to suffer the consequences for our actions, hit your hand with a hammer and you will suffer pain and maybe even broken bones. My Mom has Alzheimer’s like degenerative disease , - it’s a fact of life, not a punishment for sins.)

Matthew 5: 45-47 (link)
45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
(yes, there is a bit more to this passage; however, verse 45 is the main point here, things sometimes happen because they have to happen because of the way the universe works and not because of anything in particular that we have done.)

As you are in college, please see if there is a Newman center near you,
newmanconnection.com/locations
The Chaplin there will be able to help you through this part of your life, the priests are there for you; God, “has your back,” you just have to do two things, ask and be willing to accept God’s will. The first is easy, the second - that neighbor, that is the hard part of not only our Faith, but also just life.

if there isn’t a Newman center close, please, please go to a Catholic church and ask to talk with the Pastor or the Associate Pastor of the parish - they may not have all of the answers; however, they often have the resources to help you.

I cannot agree more with the following:

Techno, please click on the two links on the right side of my signature, the Divine Mercy Chaplet will take about 20 minutes; however, Donna Cori Gibson has such a beautiful voice - I imagine that her voice is a reflection of how the Angels must sound in heaven. The series by Fr. Aliar will take a bit longer of course; however, I think well worth your time to hear about God’s great mercy

Praying for you.

I know someone who goes to pray with people in the hospital. He says he finds people there that think that God is causing their illness. Many of these people he says don’t really know that God loves them. They might even think that God is out to get them. Some might know in their heads that God loves them, but they don’t really know it in their heart. He says that always when he prays over them and tells them that God loves them they are comforted and a peace comes over them. Do you know that God loves you and wants you to get better? I am Praying for you to know God’s love and for your health and healing.

Moderator has been notified to review for placement in appropriate forum.

Praying for you and for Medical Doctors that may be seen now and in the future for it is nice to have already prayed for them (Our Lord knows who they are even if not born yet:wink:). Prayer of Apology and Thanksgiving because of human forgetfulness to say “thank You” to Our Lord. . . . :wink: :slight_smile:

Act of Hope and Confidence in God
Saint Claude de la Colombiere
:signofcross:
My God,
I believe most firmly that You watch over all who hope in You,
and that we can want for nothing when we rely upon You in all things.
Therefore I am resolved for the future…to cast all my cares upon You.
People may deprive me of worldly goods and status.
Sickness may take from me my strength and the means of serving You.
I may even jeopardize our relationship by sin, but my trust shall never leave me.
I will preserve it to the last moment of my life, and the powers of hell shall seek
…… in vain to grab it from me.
Let others seek happiness in their wealth and in their talents.
Let them trust in the purity of their lives,
the severity of their mortifications,
in the number of their good works,
the enthusiasm of their prayers,
as for me, my Rock and my Refuge, my confidence in you fills me with hope.
For You, my Divine Protector, alone have settled me in hope.
“This confidence can never be vain. No one, who has hoped in God, has
…… ever been confounded.”
I am assured, therefore, of my eternal happiness,
…… for I firmly hope in it and all my hope is in You.
“In You, O loving God, have I hoped: let me never be confounded.”
I know too well that I am weak and changeable. I know the power of
…… temptation against the strongest virtue.
I have seen stars fall and foundations of my world crack;
…… these things do not alarm me.
While I hope in You, I am sheltered from all misfortune,
…… and I am sure that my trust shall endure,
…… for I rely upon You to sustain this unfailing hope.
Finally, I know that my confidence cannot exceed Your generosity, and that I
…… shall never receive less than I have hoped for from You.
Therefore I hope that You will sustain me against my evil inclinations,
…… that You will protect me against the deceitful attacks of the evil one,
…… and that You will cause my weakness to triumph over every hostile force.
I hope that You will never cease to love me and that I shall love You unceasingly.
“In You, O loving God, have I hoped: let me never be confounded.”

St. Claude de la Colombiere, pray for us!

Prayer for Medical Doctors
O merciful Father,
Who have wonderfully fashioned man in Your own image,
and have made his body to be a temple of the Holy Spirit,
sanctify, we pray You, our doctors and nurses and all those whom you have called to
…study and practice the arts of healing the sick and the prevention of disease and pain.
Strengthen them in body and soul,
and bless their work,
that they may give comfort to those for whose salvation Your Son became Man,
lived on this earth, healed the sick,
and suffered and died on the Cross.
Amen.

Apology and Thanksgiving Prayer
Heavenly Father,
Creator of all and source of all goodness and love,
please look kindly upon us,
as we ask for forgiveness for not giving You thanks.
Please receive our heartfelt apology for the lack of gratitude.
Remind us at all times that You are always worthy of our thanks.

Thank You, Heavenly Father,
for all the graces and blessings
You have bestowed upon us:
our faith and religious heritage;
the Priests who bring us the Sacraments;
our life, food and shelter;
our health, the love we have for one another;
our Police Officers and Firefighters who keep us safe;
our Soldiers and Veterans who fight and fought for our Country;
our family and friends.
Thank You for the people You so generously send us;
…everything You grant us
…and of which we are not even aware.
Dear Father, in Your infinite generosity, please grant us the grace of having
…less “give me” and more gratitude throughout the coming
…years so that we may be aware that anything from You is good
…for You turn the “bad” into blessings for us.
Please Lord, grant us the grace of not forgetting that we can thank You
…over and over again for the same gift – and if we
…forget, may our Guardian Angel remind us.
Thank You, Lord.
I Love You, Lord.
Amen… …by Luz María

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee,
blessed are Thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of Thy womb,
Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
:signofcross:

**Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús `
(Santa Teresa de Ávila
España: 1515—1582)

Luz María

Hi z_0101,

I think that some confusion tends to arise when members post here in the Prayer Intention forum, regarding what can be posted. It appears to me that when members come here to post a prayer request, that oftentimes they are also looking for advice, as well as prayers.

We have been reminded here in the Prayer Intentions forum that we are only supposed to pray for other members, and that advice is not supposed to be given to others–just our prayers–so that Katherine was not wrong in what she mentioned in her post.

I see that the OP’s thread was also moved to the Spirituality forum.

God bless you. :slight_smile:

Hi Techno,

Welcome to the Catholic Answers Forum.:slight_smile:

I can tell you from my own personal experience, that I have many chronic health issues that I have been living with for a very long time now, since I was younger.

Many of these issues have a genetic component to them, meaning that other members of my family also experienced them, too.

I also think that sometimes it can just take the doctors time to figure out a treatment plan for us, of what may work best for us when it comes to helping us with these issues. So, we need to be patient while that happens, too.

I personally don’t think that God punishes us in this way, regarding our health.

From my own personal experience over the years, I think that things can just happen over time with our health, that sometimes we just don’t expect to happen.

This is from one of the apologists here on caf–"…remember that God does not get us out of anything, but He will get us through everything."
- Fr. Charles Grondin-

Understanding this is what having faith means to me. Everything else is sprinkles on the ice cream.
 May you be filled with loving kindness. May you be well. May you be peaceful and at ease. May you be happy.

Thank you all for helping me out on this question and for the prayer supports. I will definitely keep my hopes up and continue to work towards God’s goal for me which is becoming a pharmacist and helping others.

I’m getting a bit of comfort now thanks to help here. Now that I think of it, I should have listened to parents and friends and not rebelled and think about the dangers of fast food and junk food more. I regretted all of this, I let my fast food and sugar addiction get the better of me. I used to think I’m invincible to all chronic health problems since I had almost no illness in my life besides a few pretty minor flus and colds. Those go away pretty quick. Well, I wrecked my body and health pretty badly now. I thank God for letting me live so that I can continue my goals. I can see God’s love for me now by not letting me die.

Also, sorry for posting in wrong section before. I did try to find appropriate place to put this thread but many titles here are words I don’t understand. So I pick randomly to place the thread.

English is not my first language and I don’t speak it often but I can understand the basics and write. So forgive me if I sounded odd.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.