Question About Our Lady of Perpetual Help

I have a prayer card of O.L.P.H. and some of the phrases in this prayer trouble me: “In your hands I place my eternal salvation”, “To thee I entrust my soul.”, “I fear nothing; not from my sins because you will obtain for me the pardon of them. Not from the devils, because you are more powerful than all hell together. Not even from Jesus, my Judge, because by one prayer of yours He will be appeased.”

I am an avid devotee of Our Lady, so this question is not meant to bash Marian devotion in any way. But some these phrases seem to place Mary above Jesus. I’m sure that’s not the intention of this prayer, but can someone please explain to me the meaning of these words? I love Our Lady, and I don’t want there to be any boundaries to hinder my devotion to her.
Thank you, and God bless.

Flowery language has always existed in the prayers of the Church.

The intention is to show her honor, certainly NOT to place her above her Divine Son.

Be at peace. I seriously doubt Our Lord does’t know your heart and your intention.

It says Our Lady is going to “obtain…the pardon” of sins and that she is going to “appease” Jesus with her prayers. This is in keeping with Our Lady’s role as our advocate who intercedes for us with God.
She doesn’t pardon the sin herself or judge us herself, so she’s not being placed above Jesus here.
With respect to her being “powerful”, it is understood that her power comes from and through Jesus.

In many prayers that we pray through Mary, we ask her to do this…perfect our prayers and present them to Jesus. She knows how to appease and ask on our behalf.

The Father has handed everything over to Jesus, and Jesus has handed everything over to Our Lady… so now she can save you too.

It is all in the flowery or poetic use of words.

In your hands I place my eternal salvation", “To thee I entrust my soul.”,

This is no different than the words on the Hail Mary…“pray of us sinners”…we are asking for her prayers…just put in different of poetic and flowery words.

"I fear nothing; not from my sins because you will obtain for me the pardon of them.

This is no different than the words on the Hail Mary…“pray of us sinners”…means she will pray for the grace for you to repent…is how she will help you obtain pardon for your sins from her Son.

Not from the devils, because you are more powerful than all hell together. Not even from Jesus, my Judge, because by one prayer of yours He will be appeased."

The devil hates the BVM…because she prays for sinners to repent of their sins.

None of this should be interpreted as anything separate from Jesus’ saving works. Her intercessory prayer is always to her son, Jesus… All power granted to her in this role is through her son, Jesus, by his love for his mother. As Catholics, we know this. It should be the default assumption we take towards any Marian devotion approved by the Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.