Question about sinning and being forgiven

I remember that there was a person (sorry no reference) that explained that the biggest thing to worry about is not feeling bad for sinning. Forget about mortal and venial sins that is what is most important.

I do not believe this person was advocating against confession, because I think it was a bishop or priest who said that. Any comments on this point?

As I understand things, feelings aren’t facts so I think whether or not a person feels bad, if they’ve committed a sin they need to get to confession.

Also, if a person’s conscience is PROPERLY formed, then they probably will have that horrible feeling of being separated from God and His grace. But still, feelings aren’t facts.

Hope someone more articulate will come along for you!

If I understand your question correctly,
There is a book I am reading. The Other Side Of Love: Handling Anger In A Godly Way by Gary Chapman. He says that when you sin, you feel angry with yourself as anger is a normal response to injustice. You must seek forgiveness from the Lord, and from the person you sinned against, and from yourself.

Basically, once you have made restitution, forgive yourself for sinning.

This is the abridged, Cliff Notes verson of one chapter. I recommend the book to anyone, but I believe this is what you might be talking about.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.