Question about the devil and Jesus' death

Did Satan want Jesus to die which explains why Judas betrayed Jesus or did he not want Jesus to die which explains why right after Peter says he won’t let Jesus suffer Jesus rebukes him by saying get behind me Satan?

Jesus had to die because that was part of God’s plan for our redemption. This plan must unfold according to God’s will. Judas was the betrayer. He was one of the beloved twelve who were the closest to Jesus. What happened?

John expressly says that “the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him” (Jn 13: 2). Luke writes: “Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve” (Lk 22: 3). catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=7245

Mark 10:32-34
The Third Prediction of the Passion.
32 They were on the way, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus went ahead of them. They were amazed, and those who followed were afraid. Taking the Twelve aside again, he began to tell them what was going to happen to him. 33 “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death and hand him over to the Gentiles 34 who will mock him, spit upon him, scourge him, and put him to death, but after three days he will rise.”

Peter objects because he loves his Lord. He doesn’t want Him to be hurt, or to die. But, Peter’s way is not God’s way. The Son of Man must be crucified. Nothing can interfere with that.

Mark 8:32-33
32 He spoke this openly. Then Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
33 At this he turned around and, looking at his disciples, rebuked Peter and said, “Get behind me, Satan. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do.”

I understand Jesus had to die but I want to know if Satan was trying to kill Jesus or trying to prevent the crucifixion. Jesus also spends a lot of time trying to save Pilate’s soul more so than He does Judas’s soul so that leads me to believe He was capable if Pilate chose to walk away of dying not at the hands of Pilate but accomplishing the same goal.

The devil wanted to kill Jesus not knowing that that was God’s plan all along.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.