Question about vocations

At one time when I was younger I was a mason, I have since demitted and am no longer a part of that organization. Can I still follow my calling from God and follow my vocation?

Talk to the vocations director of your diocese.

If you have truly renounced the heretical ways of freemasonry than I do not see there being an obstacle in your path. But that isn’t my call. It’s up to God and His Church to decide. As others have suggested in this thread and others, speak to your Priest or spiritual director and take it from there.

Please go…talk with your priest or vocations director…I am the mother of a seminarian we need young people to at least think about vocations. You are the future…God speed…:thumbsup:

[quote="Joiningthefaith, post:1, topic:289108"]
At one time when I was younger I was a mason, I have since demitted and am no longer a part of that organization. Can I still follow my calling from God and follow my vocation?

[/quote]

I believe the answer to your question is yes!!! Follow your vocation. Speak to your priest or spiritual director.. I would imagine if you are in good standing with the church their is nothing that would bar you from pursuing your goal.

( The priest or director could tell you for sure, not only that but they also could help you to begin or continue your discernment process if they feel it is valid)

Blessings,

Sr Debbie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.