Question for all Muslims

The Bible contains over 60 distinct prophecies of Jesus Christ 1000 years before hand. My question is: what is the single most remarkable prophecy that Muhammad made that was fulfilled?

Doesn’t that rather assume something (that Jesus ‘fit’ prophesies rather than the story made to ‘fit’ passages in the Bible) that Muslims wouldn’t necessarily assume?

“Doesn’t that rather assume something (that Jesus ‘fit’ prophesies rather than the story made to ‘fit’ passages in the Bible) that Muslims wouldn’t necessarily assume?”

I agree. Having read the OT, I’ve noticed that many of the prophecies have unfortunately been taken out of context, i.e. the Virgin Birth, Psalms 110, the list goes on. None of these texts when actually read carefully and in context point to Christianity. The best attempt by Christians is Isaiah 53 which has to be “interpreted and stretched” to fit Christianity. The same prophecy could also easily fit a Jewish explanation and hence cannot be used as a proof text.

That being said, I can send you or if you send me an email at mkhan901@gmail.com I can send you a couple of prophecies that are specific with details, not “general,” that Muhammad(saw) made that came true after the books of Hadith in which they were reported were written down. Not a case where you could claim the “prophecies were forged after the fact.”

Do you have anything like that in Christianity?

If not, would you not consider accepting the Last Prophet in a long line of Prophets that include Abraham(as), Moses(as), Jesus(as) who all taught mankind to worship One God, submit to God’s Law, and made prophecies which are a sign of true prophets?

Actually you wouldn’t find a remarkable one, on the other side, there is one which I always wondered in my early days why it wasn’t fulfilled for 1400 years!!!:

Sahih Muslim, Book 041, Number 7049:
Anas reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I and the Last Hour have been sent like this and (he while doing it) joined the forefinger with the middle finger.
[RIGHT]صحيح مسلم:
سمعت النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏يشير بإصبعه التي ‏ ‏تلي ‏ ‏الإبهام والوسطى وهو يقول ‏ ‏بعثت أنا والساعة هكذا ‏
[/RIGHT]
(E) (A)

However, please always remember YHWH teaching in (Deuteronomy 13:1-3):
If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Thank you for your opinionsIt is a mortal sin for a cathloic to go and play golf on a Sunday and not go to church… What happens to non-cathloic if they do the same thing.

I thought he was asking Muslims. Are you passing as a Muslim these days?

You might want to worry about many other prophecies in the NT. The fact that people seemed to think that Jesus was coming back in their lifetimes. Big mistake, huh? Whereas many prophecies that Muhammad made are clearly coming true these days. :shrug:

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Biblical Prophecies About Muhammad (PBUH) *

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=image%2Fjpeg&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1137942008262&ssbinary=true

islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1158658489822&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout

The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land, but after their defeat they will themselves be victorious in a few years’ time. The affair is God’s from beginning to end.) (The Qur’an, 30:1-4

The Dead Sea basin where Byzantium was defeated by Persians. Above is a satellite photograph of the region. The Lake of Lut region, which is the lowest region of the world, is 395 meter below the sea level

These verses were revealed around 620 AD, almost seven years after the severe defeat of Christian Byzantium at the hands of the idolater Persians. Yet it was related in the verses that Byzantium would shortly be victorious. In fact, Byzantium had then suffered such heavy losses that it seemed impossible for it even to survive, let alone be victorious again

55a.net/firas/english/print_details.php?page=show_det&id=50

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

These are some signs which Mohammad(SAW) stated 1400 years back.These would be the signs that point that the time is nearing for the world to end.

Women will be wearing clothes but not wearing clothes

-Adultery will become widespread, and the drinking of wine will become common;

Earthquakes will increase;

• Time will pass quickly;

-Killing will increase;

Very tall buildings will be built;

-The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance, with much killing;

-Camels will no longer be used as a means of transport;

The distance on earth will become short etc etc

islam-peace-brotherhood.blogspot.com/2006/12/end-of-world-signs-stated-by.html

Waiting for examples from you then…:whistle:

See the post right above yours–Muslim Woman already listed a few.

I’m not sure Jews would either :wink:

You guessed! :slight_smile:

Have you actually gone through the list, that you should state so cavalierly that there are false or taken out of context? Honestly, it is hard to imagine how you can know what is taken out of context when you believe that the Bible itself is corrupted? Have you read the whole Bible that you should state one has to read holy scripture in context and carefully?

Passages dealing with from whom and from where the Messiah would come include:

• He will be descended from Judah (Genesis 49:10): “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, until he comes to whom it belongs; and to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.”

-He will be a descendant of Jacob (Numbers 24:17): "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not nigh: a star shall come forth out of Jacob, and a scepter rise out of Israel . . "

-He will be a a descendant of Jesse, the father of King David (Isaiah 11:1-2): “There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of his roots. And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him.”

-He will be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2): “But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler of Israel, whose origins is from of Old, from ancient days.”

-He will be born of virgin (Isaiah 7:14): “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”

Immanuel by the way means “God with us” as does Jesus. I will continue posting the prophecies. Till later, God bless.

All that assumes that the story is in some way an accurate history of Jesus rather than the story being constructed to ‘fit’ prophesies (those that can be taken to be prophesies rather than pieces of text that could be interpreted to be prophesies).

You can post a list of X ‘prophesies’ but if one believes that they ‘work’ because the Christian texts were written so they would ‘work’, it doesn’t make the slightest difference whatsoever.

There’s no point in either side getting cross about it and neither will convince the other.

I will continue posting the prophecies, all of them, if I have to. You can refute them if you wish.

That’s hardly the point (rather obviously)!

Perhaps the Muslim might doubt the accuracy of the Old Testament … but a Jewess? Aren’t the prophecies about the Virgin birth and Bethlehem, 2 of the few highlighted already, in your holy books?

Have their been many virgin births that you know of other than Jesus’ and the fact that He was born in Bethlehem? Or are you still waiting for a virgin birth?

Very funny indeed when some members use blogs as references instead of authentic hadiths. http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Anyway, as for (Quran 30:1-4) that is an ambiguous prophecy, read the authentic commentary in Arabic and you would understand that even Muslim Clerics from early Muhammed days couldn’t agree on the meaning of the Arabic word “غلبت”, whether it means “defeated” or “defeat”.

That verse revealed by Allah in the same day of year 624AD when Muslims won the Badr battle and the Romans defeated the Persians.

Source#1:
[RIGHT]سنن الترمذي:
ما كان يوم ‏ ‏بدر ‏ ‏ظهرت ‏ ‏الروم ‏ ‏على ‏ ‏فارس ‏ ‏فأعجب ذلك المؤمنين فنزلت ‏الم غلبت الروم ‏ ‏إلى قوله ‏ ‏يفرح المؤمنون بنصر الله
[/RIGHT]

Source#2:
[RIGHT]أخبرنا إسماعيل بن إبراهيم الواعظ قال: أخبرنا محمد بن أحمد بن حامد العطار قال: أخبرنا أحمد بن الحسين بن عبد الجبار قال: أخبرنا الحرث بن شريح قال: أخبرنا المعتمر بن سليمان عن أبيه، عن الأعمش، عن عطية العوفي، عن أبي سعيد الخدري قال: لما كان يوم بدر ظهرت الروم على فارس، فأعجب المؤمنون بذلك فنـزلت: الم غُلِبَتِ الرُّومُ إلى قوله:يَفْرَحُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ بِنَصْرِ اللَّهِ قال: يفرح المؤمنون بظهور الروم على فارس

[LEFT]So if it was really a prophecy, then it shouldn’t be revealed on the same day. :wink:

[/LEFT]
[/RIGHT]

I’m afraid you’ve rather missed the point - perhaps putting it more bluntly might help. To you, the ‘New Testament’ is reality, to me it’s about as close to real as ‘The Book Of Mormon’ is to a Roman Catholic and would remain so, never mind how much time a Mormon tried to convince you that it was an heir to the Tanakh (‘Old Testament’ to you) and your ‘New Testament’. To a Catholic the ‘Book of Mormon’ is a concoction, to me the ‘New Testament’ is a concoction.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.