Question For Protestants (if any are here)

How could who’ve founded by Christ?

Protestantism is not merely an ecclesial tradition within the Church that Christ founded. Protestantism is not merely a difference of liturgical rites within the One Church. Protestantism is divided hodgepodge of disunity. Christ did not found a Church with varying doctrines under one umbrella of indifferentism.

Mind explaining what you are getting at?

All true, since Protestantism is a particular thing.
But Lutheranism is a tradition within the Vhurch, as is Anglicanism.

This would have been a good reminder when patriarchs were exchanging excommunications a thousand years ago.

Can you elaborate on what you’re asking me?

How so? …

How was the lutheran and anglican churches found by Christ?

They are part of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

How when they clearly split away from it?

The division is mutual, just like the Schism was

Doesn’t ‘One’, mean One?

But they hold doctorins that are seperate from the Catholic church. Not everyone can be right there has to be a single truth and baptism. A single doctorine. You can’t have one group claim sola fide and the other disagrees with it. There has to be a commom agreement a common baptism a common doctorine.

“[T]here are many other things which most properly can keep me in [the Catholic Church’s] bosom. The unanimity of peoples and nations keeps me here. Her authority, inaugurated in miracles, nourished by hope, augmented by love, and confirmed by her age, keeps me here. The succession of priests, from the very see of the apostle Peter, to whom the Lord, after his resurrection, gave the charge of feeding his sheep [John 21:15–17], up to the present episcopate, keeps me here. And last, the very name Catholic, which, not without reason, belongs to this Church alone, in the face of so many heretics, so much so that, although all heretics want to be called ‘Catholic,’ when a stranger inquires where the Catholic Church meets, none of the heretics would dare to point out his own basilica or house” - Saint Augustine (Against the Letter of Mani Called “The Foundation” 4:5 [A.D. 397]).

One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, of which we are all members

And the Catholic Church in communion with the Bishop of Rome holds doctrines contrary to ours, and to the EO.

Check the date - 397 AD. St Augustine had no knowledge of the divisions between us.

Well then who has the right doctorine? Is sola fide true? Is sola scriptura true?

Is indulgences true? Is universal jurisdiction true?

Good question :grin:

Answer the previous question before giving me one. (Not being rude I’m generally curious because I’m in a bit of a journey.) But of course universal jurisdiction is true from what i have read and heard.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit