Question for Protestants Jesus did it "once for all" do we have nothing to do since Jesus did it all?

strait forward question I think What do I have to do since Jesus did it all?

Not quite strait forward. What do you have to do for what?

I think you mean what the rich young man meant.
"Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
Am I right? Is that what you meant?

If that is your question there was, is, and always will be one answer:
And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’”

To inherit eternal life, you must do these things. Not try your best to do them, you must do them. What is involved in these commandments?
"You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
Matthew 5:21-22
"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Matthew 5:27-28
If that is your question, there is your answer.

Depending on the denomination the answer can vary. I made a thread similar to this about Lutherans and salvation which exposes a serious flaw in their theology:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=151887

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.