Question for S Baptists

Do Royal Ambassadors still exist? My mother was the only part of the family who was not Southern Baptist, and so I became well aqainted with them trough my cousins.

Before the evening service they (the boys) went to Royal Ambassadors. But looking through the newspaper notices it seems they all have Awana clubs instead.

So have RAs been eliminated. and what and what is AWANA?

The founders of Awana derived the Awana name from the first letters of “Approved workmen are not ashamed” as taken from 2 Timothy 2:15 of the Bible.

For nearly 60 years, Awana has been a leader in children’s ministry, helpinbg churches and parents worldwide raise youth to know, love and serve Christ.
What is Awana?

Based in the Chicago area, Awana is the only organization with fully integrated evangelism and discipleship programs for ages 2 to 18 that actively involve parents, church leaders and mentors. Each week, more than 2 million children and youth, 400,000 volunteers and 127 field staff take part in Awana in over 27,000 churches in the U.S. and internationally. (Learn about the prayer, vision, mission and values of Awana.)

store.awana.org/Location/about/about-awana,default,pg.html/Query/

Royal Ambassadors is still around, see here. With the direction the Boy Scouts have taken recently, the SBC sees an opportunity for more churches to start their own RA programs. Right now, about 3,000 churches sponsor Royal Ambassadors according to this article.

Just love the accent of those Southern Baptists,:slight_smile:

Hey now, Catholics in the South sound just as cool :slight_smile:

I'm sure your right,,,it's just that movies mostly show Baptists ,,.,

I’m hopeing that some day I’ll travel through the U S …
Should be a great experience,

You know, you are correct there. Most films now days in the USA show mostly African American Baptists.

There is a classic Christmas picture that has been remade. Originally about an Anglican Bishop and his struggles to build a new cathedral. The remake is called “the preacher’s wife”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.