Question on Adam and Eve, etc

I just thought of something…is growing from childhood to adult a part of Original Sin? I know, I know, stupid I know but let me explain.

When Adam and Eve were created, weren’t they already “adults”? And how did Adam know there was such a thing as a mother or father when he said something like “this is now bones…taken out of man…therefore, a man shall leave his father and his mother…” (Gen 2:23-4) when he really wasn’t born of a woman yet?:smiley:

Someone please explain so I can understand! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wasn’t God his Father? He did create him.

[quote=bogeyjlg]Wasn’t God his Father? He did create him.
[/quote]

Oh, good point![font=Verdana, Sans Serif, Arial][size=2]unity.enya.com/images/smiles/smiles_shock.gif[/size][/font][[/font][font=Verdana, Sans Serif, Arial][size=2]unity.enya.com/images/smiles/smiles_grin.gif[/size]](“javascript:insertsmilie(’:shock:’)”)

We know that God is the Father. But what would Adam know of mothers?

An off subject question: Paris, where did you find the picture of Christ w/ children that is attached with your message?

The quote I have is:

Gen 2:23 And Adam said: This now is bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called woman, because she was taken out of man. 24 Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be two in one flesh. 25 And they were both naked: to wit, Adam and his wife: and were not ashamed.

It looks to me like Adam only said what was in verse 23. The narrator wrote verses 24-25. Or do you think Adam also said verse 25: “And they were both naked …”?

hurst

Simple! Did a Google search!:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.