Question: Prophecy in the Bible

Is there any truth that the reforming of the nation of Israel in 1948 is fulfilled prophecy?

If it is where is that in the Bible?

Reason why I ask is cause I noticed Protestants like to use that as evidence to none believers that the Bible is the true book from God.

This is what the Catholic Church believes concerning Israel and Christ’s second coming:

" The glorious Messiah’s coming is suspended at every moment of history until his recognition by “all Israel,” for “a hardening has come upon part of Israel” in their “unbelief” toward Jesus.569 St. Peter says to the Jews of Jerusalem after Pentecost: “Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus, whom heaven must receive until the time for establishing all that God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old.”570 St. Paul echoes him: “For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?”571 The “full inclusion” of the Jews in the Messiah’s salvation, in the wake of “the full number of the Gentiles,”572 will enable the People of God to achieve “the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,” in which “God may be all in all.” (CCC par 674)

I don’t know of a Bible verse, but as Catholics we don’t depend on the “Bible alone” for our beliefs.

I think it could be a fulfillment of biblical prophecy. It would fit in with what the Catechism says about “all Israel” converting to Jesus. By what other sign would we know that this had happened? More Jews live in Israel than in any other nation. And this nation’s conversion would go with how Jesus told the Apostles to baptize and make disciples of all nations (Matt. 28:18-20).

There are more Jews in the United States than Israel.

What is your source?

Here’s mine:
jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/jewpop.html

As has been pointed out; that used to be true, not so anymore.

To the OP; the fig tree is thought to represent Israel, and the returning of Jews to the land is then tied to the budding of the fig tree (Luke 21). The continuing aliyah of Jews to the Holy Land along with the tensions there, with the whole world watching, are seen to be signs of the end times.

It’s actually quite contentious.
jpupdates.com/2013/02/18/us-jewish-population-is-anywhere-between-5-425-million-to-6-722-million/

Ezek 39:27-29 “When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will show myself holy through them in the sight of many nations.” 28 “Then they will know that I am the LORD their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind.” 29 “I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.”

Amos 9:13-15 “The days are coming, declares the LORD, when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman and the planter by the one treading grapes. New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills. 14 I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. 15 I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them, says the LORD your God.”

Jer 30:2 “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you. 3 The days are coming,’ declares the LORD, ‘when I will bring my people Israel and Judah back from captivity and restore them to the land I gave their forefathers to possess,’ says the LORD.”

Jer 31:10 “Hear the word of the LORD, O nations; proclaim it in distant coastlands: 'He who scattered Israel will gather them and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.”

Jer 33:7 “I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before.”

Ezek 37:21-27 …“I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. 22 I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.