Question referring to titles

I'm sorry if this is dumb question but as I have been strolling through this forum for a while I can't help but notice DH, DS, DD and I have no idea what they mean. Well I know they stand for husband, son, daughter but the first thought that comes to my mind is deceased husband, son, daughter. I just want to understand what the first D stands for. I feel crazy because I should know this stuff, I'm 21 yet I am confounded by these abbreviations.

Thanks,

Jeff

Dear (or Dearest) Husband, Dear Son, Dear Daughter, Dear Wife.

:slight_smile:

Good question, it means "Dear". It's more commonly used by women on CAF, particularly so in the parenting section of the forums. Or as I affectionately refer to them "the Mommy Mafia". (All in good fun, ladies, don't hate!) :p

Thank you guys so much! I now feel like I can understand much more. I absolutely love this section of the forum as I get a perspective I would not have otherwise. Thank you all for all of your hard work and time that you all spend on here helping others and asking great questions!

Jeff

[quote="Havard, post:3, topic:232671"]
Good question, it means "Dear". It's more commonly used by women on CAF, particularly so in the parenting section of the forums. Or as I affectionately refer to them "the Mommy Mafia". (All in good fun, ladies, don't hate!) :p

[/quote]

:slapfight::nunchuk::onpatrol: Watch it buddy :D

[quote="happymommy, post:5, topic:232671"]
:slapfight::nunchuk::onpatrol: Watch it buddy :D

[/quote]

Now I'm gonna need witness protection! :eek:

[quote="Havard, post:3, topic:232671"]

[/quote]

Or martial law! 2LT, USAF, NSA, DH, DS, DD... :p:D

[quote="Havard, post:6, topic:232671"]
Now I'm gonna need witness protection! :eek:

[/quote]

You can't hide from us! :dts:

[quote="TheRealJuliane, post:2, topic:232671"]
Dear (or Dearest) Husband, Dear Son, Dear Daughter, Dear Wife.

:)

[/quote]

You will find other ones the deeper you delve :) For instance:
MIL = Mother in Law
FIL = Father in Law
SMIL = step mother in law

and on and on! lol it can be a little confusing at first. I sometimes peek over at the Nest forums and they really get into the abbreviations.

I finally figured out ABC = artificial birth control. Still working on NFP.

[quote="pinay, post:10, topic:232671"]
I finally figured out ABC = artificial birth control. Still working on NFP.

[/quote]

Natural Family Planning

[quote="Havard, post:11, topic:232671"]
Natural Family Planning

[/quote]

THANKS! I was still at a loss this morning... but now I'm edified! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.