Question regarding holy mass

Is it valid to go to mass even if you don’t accept the holy eucharist? Because i can’t yet…:confused:

Yes. In fact, as Catholics, we are obligated to attend Mass every Sunday (or Saturday Vigil), but we are NOT obligated to receive communion weekly.

We are only obliged to receive the Eucharist once a year. (See Code of Canon Law, Canon 920.)

Are you in RCIA?
You might want to borrow or purchase a copy of The Lamb’s Supper by Scott Hahn.
amazon.com/Lambs-Supper-Mass-Heaven-Earth/dp/0385496591/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478452592&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Lamb%27s+Supper
You can get a used copy pretty inexpensively.

Easy to digest and full of wonderful explanations.

God bless you! :slight_smile:

Sure, that’s what I did when I was in the process of converting. Its what I still do if I haven’t been to confession.

Yes, it is very necessary. You can always make a spiritual communion (most places that have a missal or help with the Mass prayers, or even sometimes in the bulletin, will tell people how to do that) until you are fully a member of the Church, and able to receive.

Welcome! God bless you. Praying for you.

Not being able to receive communion, but still going to see our Lord at Mass and yearning to receive is a great gift to our Lord … don’t let it get you down … you are doing very well.

Yes, as a Catholic you’re obligated to attend mass even if you are unable to participate in Holy Communion. Instead of going up to accept the Eucharist, you can instead stay in the pew and say a prayer of spiritual communion. But, of course, it’s always better to get to confession as soon as possible so you can participate in communion.

Do you mean that you cannot accept that the Eucharist is the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Christ?

If so, then definitely still go to mass. Pray, listen, reflect… Sometimes our minds and our faith are disconnected. Go to mass anyway. Just tell God all, like a little child chattering away to dad.

God bless you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.