Question to Muslims, Have you heard of any Marian Apparitions of the Catholic Church?

So I’m curious about this have Muslims heard of these apparitions Such as Fatima, Lourdes,Guadalupe? I only ask this because she is highly revered in Islam and from what I’ve read is that she is mentioned more in the Quran than in The Bible.

There are some similar doctrines such as Perpetual Virginity and Sinlessness of Virgin Mary?

It is my daily prayer that somehow Our Blessed Mother will help them understand Her SON and our Savior. God Bless, Memaw

I’d be curious as to what Muslims think of these three Marian apparitions in Egypt…

Saint Mary, Zeitoun Egypt 1968

Saint Mark’s Coptic Orthodox Church, Assiut, Egypt, 2000

Virgin Mary and Archangel Michael church, in Warraq al-Hadar,Giza? Egypt 2009.

Those are the other one I missed out. There was a short documentary on youtube about Zeitoun.

If you do a study about the Location of Fatima, Portugal it has some link IMO

Fatima is the daughter of Mohammed and there is some historical connection with a Muslim Chief. I have read some articles on this, even Bishop Fulton Sheen saw the connection.

Fatima is named after a Muslim girl named Fatima that married a Catholic and became Catholic and he named it after her. God Bless, Memaw

I’ve heard various reports, but none from famous catholic saints. There’s no plain statement in Islamic literature about Mary being sinless that I’m aware of. I do believe that Mary was born without a nafs, though. Nafs has a number of different meanings. In this context, it roughly means the human ego or lower desires. This is based on a hadith in Sahih al-Bukhari, which is a book of our oral traditions:

Narrated Said bin Al-Musaiyab: Abu Huraira said, “I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, 'There is none born among the off-spring of Adam, but Satan touches it. A child therefore, cries loudly at the time of birth because of the touch of Satan, except Mary and her child.” Then Abu Huraira recited: “And I seek refuge with You for her and for her offspring from the outcast Satan” (3.36) [Sahih al-Bukhari Book #55 Hadith #641]

As Abu Hurayrah [may Allah be pleased with him] says, this is probably due to the dua [supplication] that Mary’s mother made wherein she asked God to keep Mary and Jesus [peace be upon them] from satanic influences.

There’s no plain statement in Islamic literature about Mary being sinless that I’m aware of. I do believe that Mary was born without a nafs, though. Nafs has a number of different meanings. In this context, it roughly means the human ego or lower desires. This is based on a hadith in Sahih al-Bukhari, which is a book of our oral traditions:

Narrated Said bin Al-Musaiyab: Abu Huraira said, “I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, 'There is none born among the off-spring of Adam, but Satan touches it. A child therefore, cries loudly at the time of birth because of the touch of Satan, except Mary and her child.” Then Abu Huraira recited: “And I seek refuge with You for her and for her offspring from the outcast Satan” (3.36) [Sahih al-Bukhari Book #55 Hadith #641]

As Abu Hurayrah [may Allah be pleased with him] says, this is probably due to the dua [supplication] that Mary’s mother made wherein she asked God to keep Mary and Jesus [peace be upon them] from satanic influences.

Please, Could you elaborate on the highlighted sentence.

I got this from the following website - not sure of the credibility

missionislam.com/comprel/jesusislam.html

Sorry, I made a mistake. I meant that I’ve never heard/read the accounts of the Marian apparitions, like the ones at Fatima. I’ve heard accounts of all sorts of other religious experiences, though; from George Harrison hearing the voice of Krishna to Joseph Smith’s vision in a forest.

If you want to read about Fatima. Here is the link:

—> theholyrosary.org/fatimaapparitions

Can you comment on the credibility of the Islamic site I posted. It believes in the immaculate conception of Mary.

Most of the Marian Apparitions have a common theme of fasting and praying for the conversion of sinners.

Wow… those accounts were very interesting, especially the one with 70,000 witnesses.

The Islamic article you posted is credible, aside from one minor issue. It doesn’t exactly affirm the immaculate conception. Under the heading ‘Imacculate conception’, the writer of the article confuses the immaculate conception with the virgin birth of Jesus [peace be upon him]. Yahya Ibrahim is someone I respect highly; I’ve attended a lecture of his in Toronto.

The article from ‘mission Islam’ affirms what I said earlier about Mary [peace be upon her]-- that she was born without a nafs. That’s not necessarily a parallel to what catholics call the immaculate conception because we [muslims] don’t believe in original sin in the first place.

I am familiar with the various visions of Mary, but mostly because I have a lot of exposure to Catholicism. They don’t hold any particular importance for my faith. But there is a common Muslim and Christian pilgrimage site, near Selçuk, in Turkey, where Mary is supposed to have died. That would be just one of various ways in which Muslim and Christian devotions to Mary overlap.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.