Questions About a Catholic Marriage Mass

Hi,

I am a high school student from Australia and I am doing an assignment for my Study of Religion subject. I have 11 questions that I would appreciate if someone could help me out with them. These are the questions:

1. What are some of the most important symbols at a Catholic marriage mass and what is there significance?
  2. What are some different traditions that occur during a Catholic marriage mass?
  3. Where can Catholic culture be seen throughout a Catholic marriage mass?
  4. What is the order of events at a Catholic marriage mass?
  5. How does the Bible influence a Catholic marriage mass?
  6. How long does a Catholic marriage mass usually take?
  7. What time of the day should a Catholic marriage mass be conducted?
  8. Where in the Bible are specific quotes towards Catholic marriage be found?
  9. Can a Catholic marriage mass be held in another location rather than a church?
  10. What events usually happen before and after a Catholic marriage mass?
  11. Who are some important people who play a significant role in a Catholic marriage mass?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Just browsing and found this, hope you still want answers after this time

1. What are some of the most important symbols at a Catholic marriage mass and what is there significance?
    A. Of course the Wedding Gown symbolizing purity. There are the rings an endless circle of love. There are other traditions such as in Latin American culture a double looped rosary is placed around the necks of each spouse. Also each spouse is given a candle symbolizing individuality, taking it and lighting a mutual candle, symbolize Chapter 3 of Genesis. Two become one. (The individual candles are blown out symbolizing dying to ones self
  2. What are some different traditions that occur during a Catholic marriage mass?
    A. Some people have Marian devotions or such but there is almost always a unification of the families during the sign of the peace, where the families met each other for the first time (for some extended members)
  3. Where can Catholic culture be seen throughout a Catholic marriage mass?
    A. Not sure what you mean?
  4. What is the order of events at a Catholic marriage mass?A. The order is the same as the regular mass except after the liturgy of the word and before the Eucharistic Celebration, the sacrament of marriage happens.
  5. How does the Bible influence a Catholic marriage mass?
    A. I don’t know but a lot of the Tradition of Marriage comes from the Judaic rituals
  6. How long does a Catholic marriage mass usually take?
    A. usually about an hour thirty to two hours.
  7. What time of the day should a Catholic marriage mass be conducted?
    A. Assuming the reception is the same night, in the late morning so there is enough time to settle in the reception hall before guests arrive.
  8. Where in the Bible are specific quotes towards Catholic marriage be found?
  9. Can a Catholic marriage mass be held in another location rather than a church?
    It is possible but highly irregular. This is because The Sacrament of the Eucharist is paramount. Having a ceremony outdoors is not as respectful as having it in church.
  10. What events usually happen before and after a Catholic marriage mass?A. Most diocese and parishes require a marriage prep course. usually spanning at least 9 months (take a guess :smiley: ) and after the marriage is a reception (large party) and a honeymoon (vacation trip) (thou not technically part of the sacrament
  11. Who are some important people who play a significant role in a Catholic marriage mass?
    The Father of the bride walks her down the center aisle and gives her wholly to her (future) husband. The priest witness the sacrament of course. The best man is responsible for the order and making sure everything goes off as planed as is the maid of honor.

closed #3

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.