Questions About Being Invested in the Brown Scapular

Does anyone have a link to a website that clearly and concisely explains what the Brown Scapular devotion entails?

http://www.meditationsfromcarmel.com/content/scapular-catechesis

Thanks! Does saying a few Hail Marys in the morning and before bed count as a Marian Devotion?

I’m not sure, but it may be meaning a more concrete/established one, like the rosary, Little Office of the BVM, Seven Sorrows rosary, etc.

Uh oh. I indiscriminately enrolled without being associated with a Confraternity! Is there a way to de-enroll or have myself “defrocked” ?
(Prudence isn’t my best virtue)

I don’t think you have to be associated with a confraternity to be enrolled with the brown scapular, where’d you see that?

Right where it says “Well, what is the Scapular Confraternity?” On the website.

Ah, there’s a difference between enrollment and being a part of the confraternity. You can be enrolled without joining the confraternity.

Ah, ok. Thanks, again!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.