Questions About Converting to Catholicism

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question. Anyways, I was wondering about the process of converting to Catholicism from another Christian religion and converting as a teenager?

I was baptized in a Catholic Church as a younger child but my family never went to church. So I have never recieved my first communion. My mom was raised a Catholic but hasen't been to Mass in a long time. We do go, however on Christmas and sometimes Easter.

Hope you can help.

Jessie

Since you were baptized as a Catholic you won't actually convert. You just need to complete your sacraments of initiation.

Call your local parish and explain your situation. Either the pastor or the RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) director can help you.

The general process is that you will participate in RCIA and have an opportunity to learn what the Church teaches and what it means to live as a Catholic. Ultimately you will receive the sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation.

Call your parish -- they'll be able to guide you.

And welcome home!

Hi, Jessie! We’re happy to answer you here, and you already have a good reply to start, but you’ll find even more relevant and helpful stuff over on the Evangelization Forum.

It’s wonderful that you want to become a practicing Catholic! God is doing great things in your life.

Betsy

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.