Questions for Medical Biller/Coder

Hello, I just wanted to ask you guys, especially those in the profession, about whether you guys know or can share a situation when you guys were asked to do something that went against your conscience. I ask this question because I was thinking about becoming one and I wanted to see if it would be a feasible option for me as a practicing Catholic. I don’t know if this is accurate, but I anticipate having to do things like processing procedures like abortions and euthanasia and getting them approved by healthcare companies. If this were true, then I want to be able to know what kind of options I would have in cases like those.

Thanks a lot and God bless :thumbsup:

Hello, I asked a relative who is a coder and here’s what I got back. Hope it helps:

Sorry for the late reply. I think that person who did the posting is a little off. Not all Drs perform abortions or euthanasia. She just needs to apply for clinic/doctor that doesn’t do that stuff. Where I’m at, I have never coded one thing or the other. If she applies for planned Parenthood, then it’s obvious.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.