Questions for Protestants (please answer yes, no or scripture verse):

I ain’t got no problem as I didn’t complain.

I just thought it funny that the OP would denounce what he practiced.

Neither. :wink:

The only difference is there is no intent on my part of being condescending. You read that into my questions. That’s telling to me. Your statement is blatant.

Then it is as I always said, The body of Christ in fundamentalism is only symbolic, not real. Which means not united to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as one through indwelling. And Christ as the head of that body cannot interpret scripture. Very very interesting. And as attested to above by Kacee (post #2) Jesus, and his body can in fact can teach error. If Jesus (and the Holy Spirit; trinity) as the head cannot teach in truth but is capable of error Jesus’ divinity is in question in fundamentalism.

[quote]1. Who do you think God used to preserve the Scriptures? Was it not the Catholic Church? Martin Luther admitted to as much…will you?

The ancient Jews, the early Christians, and modern Christians of all flavors.
[/quote]

How?

Peace and God Bless
Nicene

It seems obvious then that you unfortunately do not know what the Body of Christ is and who comprises it.

If you erroneously believe that the Body of Christ is somehow the RC Magisterium, then I cannot help you there.

If we cannot even properly identify the Body of Christ, then the errors can only mulitply after that.

Which Church was it again that used Latin?

Didn’t we also use Greek?

Don’t we now use a plethora of languages?

No offense, I’m just not sure what the point is on this one.

Really? You mean this Body and Bride of Christ?

If you erroneously believe that the Body of Christ is somehow the RC Magisterium, then I cannot help you there.

If we cannot even properly identify the Body of Christ, then the errors can only mulitply after that.

Obviously it isn’t I who can’t identify the Body of Christ. Ergo it must be the person who attempts to separate the clergy from the body of Christ who doesn’t understand the body. However this isn’t a problem in fundamentalism as separating their clergy from the body automatically admits they are teaching error and human doctrine.

Be that as it may, It is also quite obvious that you have in fact not addressed the objections, nor answered the question, but instead attempted to divert in order not to address them. I am not so easily swayed by diversion tactics.

Address your claims (and Kacee’s) that Jesus (and the Holy Spirit; trinity) as the head of the body in reality, the church, teaches error. Also answer the “How” of the second question.

In the church it is obvious we believe the body of Christ to be a living reality, not a metaphor or punchline of scripture.

Peace and God Bless
Nicene

As a side bar you made a very astute observation here. The body of Christ is a highly visible (and invisible) and united as a light to the world. This contradicts the notion of a solely invisible church proclaimed by fundamentalists. And as you stated the invisible church cannot be identified and does in fact multiply errors.

By your own affirmation you recognize intuitively the existence and need for the Magisterium, and that it is biblical.

Peace and God Bless
Nicene

Can you provide a list from scripture that tells us what was written? If we’re asked by Paul not exceed scripture, we must know first what scripture in totality emodies. Care to advise?

Please, your source to obtain this answer must only come from Scripture.

You seem to forget that the Head is not the Body, and vice versa.

Christ’s Body is not His Head. This is basic physiology.

In the church it is obvious we believe the body of Christ to be a living reality, not a metaphor or punchline of scripture.

Since I am in the church, the same is obvious to me as well.

Solely invisible?

I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Is there some magic spell cast over humanity?

Since the church is populated by very real human beings, the church is nothing but totally visible.

By your own affirmation you recognize intuitively the existence and need for the Magisterium, and that it is biblical.

LOL.

Not in the slightest.

1. Would you rather learn more of the Gospel of Jesus Christ from His own Church… or from a faith community that is at best a fruit of the Reformation?

More attempt at diversion through carnal presentation. Feel free do rebut my presentation of the body and bride (through the link) Unfortunately you’ll also be disagreeing with one of your fellow Evangelicals (I should fix the post to exclude those Evangelicals who do believe in repentance and don’t believe in OSAS).

Since I am in the church, the same is obvious to me as well.

Are you?

I notice you ignored the objections and question yet again. Can we expect you to do so any time soon? Or is diversion to be the standard yet again?

Peace and God Bless
Nicene

That is very clear.

Is there some magic spell cast over humanity?

Childish.

Since the church is populated by very real human beings, the church is nothing but totally visible.

There is a body of believers, and there is a body of Christ. You profess to be a body of believers but not the body of Christ. So it is as I stated just a metaphor among fundamentalists (I think you’ll find you are at odds with much of protestantism here, for even they recognize the body of Christ.) Bottom line, you just declared you are a social club and have not yet entered into the mystery.

[quote]By your own affirmation you recognize intuitively the existence and need for the Magisterium, and that it is biblical.

LOL.

Not in the slightest.

[/quote]

Then you declare yourself the authority and all others in error. But it is clear you have not yet identified the body of Christ. And as such all things done by fundamentalists are man made and not of God. For if Christ is not the primary action as the head and exercising his will through the body, then those people are doing those things all on their own, absent Christ. Ergo the indwelling of the trinity does not exist in the fundamentalist.

Once again we await for you to address the original objections and the question posed. Diversion isn’t your friend.

Peace and God Bless
Nicene

Atemi-

You must be aware that many Protestants hold that the Church is an invisible, spiritual entity made up of all believers…

This belief is necessary to explain why there are many denominations that teach conflicting and contradictory doctrines.

Otherwise, one would be forced to believe that Christ founded many Churches…a position so unbiblical that few are willing to go there.

LOL.

Do you have your own private bat-phone to God, Nicene?

That is an amazing conclusion.

Sigh.

Are believers visible people or invisible people?

It is you that has the Body and the Head all mixed up, not I.

:coffeeread: More diversion

Just so you know you have just denied a pivotal doctrine of the protestant faith. In your denial of the unity of the body with the head, Christ, by the action of the Holy Spirit who joins us all together and with Christ you just exposed your “spirit baptism” to be a fraud to your fellow fundy’s. For apart from Christ you can do nothing. You’ve got a bigger problem than you know now.

Jn 15:5: I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Some highlights from “The Body of Christ” thread (which is obvious you didn’t read)

1 Cor 12:12: For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
13: For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body – Jews or Greeks, slaves or free – and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

1 Cor 12:27: Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.

Also:

John 17:20: "I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word,
21: that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

and:

Rom 12:4: For as in one body we have many members, and all the members do not have the same function,
5: so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

and

Col 1:24: Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church,

What will you do now that you have exposed your “spirit baptism” as a fraud? (actually I think it’s all a fraud anyway, so no news there) But you have some serious explaining to do to your fellow fundy’s. You just dug yourself a grave with them.

Can we ever expect you to address the original objections and the question? I would assume by now that it is a hearty “no”.

Peace and God Bless
Nicene

You still do not get it in all your tirades against “fundys.”

The Body of Christ does not teach doctrine. It cannot.

It can only obey the Head. That is what the Body does.

Now there are those in the Body who are to teach, but they themselves are not the Body.

So simple.

You may now continue your rant.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.