quick question

Wasn’t the Virgin Mary also a Muslim?

Please inform me more on this specific subject.

No - may I ask where you even got this idea?

Mary was jewish and is known as the first christian…

Islam came after Christianity began. Muhammad started Islam during his lifetime, which is recorded as c. 570-632 AD.

Uh, no.

I wasn’t sure.

I was aware of certain points in the Qu’ran where Mary is the human mother of (Isa pbuh) - keep in mind that in Islam Muslims view Jesus (Isa pbuh) as a messenger and a prophet and not according to His true nature

How can I verify with accurate facts that the Virgin Mary was not a Muslim???

Dates. She lived centuries before Islam. Muhammed wasn’t born until around 570 A.D. She died at least 500 years before that. It is impossible that she would have followed Muhammed.

And also, this is the Patristic period 334 AD - 767 AD.

No ~ in the religion of Islam, Jesus was born Isa (pbuh) son of Maryam.

This is the Muslim (Jesus) who is called Isa (pbuh) as only a messenger and prophet.

. . If I make an error or a mistake I can do a little study for more specific info.

I would start it with Ignatius of Antioch, circa 100 A.D.

Is that related to your first question?

Somewhat - since Islam was founded by the prophet Muhammad during the Patristic period.

I’ll have to do a little study - then I’ll clarify what my curiosity was about.

Why are you applying the ‘pbuh’ on Jesus and Mother Mary’s name?

Only muslims & islam does that.

Mother Mary WAS NOT a muslim

Our Lord Jesus Christ **WAS NOT **a muslim

The Isa in the koran is **NOT **our Lord Jesus Christ

The Mary in the koran is **NOT **our Mother Mary

Stop right there.

Muhammed is NOT IN ANY WAY a Church Father. You cannot connect Islam and Christianity in that way. AT ALL. Even if you wanted to make him Christian, which he was not, he would have been teaching at least 5 heresies off the top of my head. Probably more if we tried to list them.

Muhammed has NO credentials in Christianity. Nothing that he says shines any light on the Gospels or the faith. It is a total waste of time to try to see him as such.

Thank you Ralph, thank you, thank you!!! God Bless you my dear!

<< Wasn’t the Virgin Mary also a Muslim? Please inform me more on this specific subject. >>

I thought he couldn’t be asking that. As pointed out, Muhammad lived in the 6th-7th century A.D. So I understood the question maybe to mean: Wasn’t Mary a Virgin also to Muslims?

The answer is Yes. According to Wiki on Islamic view of Mary:

“According to the Qur’an, Jesus (called 'Isa in Arabic) was born miraculously by the will of God without a father. His mother is regarded as a chaste and virtuous woman and is a highly respected figure in Islam. The Qur’an states that Jesus was the result of a virgin birth, but that neither Mary nor her son was divine. In the Qur’an, no other woman is given more attention than Mary.”

Phil P

Tell me when Christianity started…you can get that out of any religious history book.

Look at the dates…Islam was not, I repeat, was not around in Mary or Jesus’ time on earth.

Islam is pieced together Jewish ideas with some Christian facts meshed into whatever Muhammad wanted to say. Mary and Jesus in the Koran was written after the message of Christ had been passed down through Christians.

It’s like trying to follow the book of mormon to see whether Jesus is really the 2nd person in the Holy Trinity or just some god…the koran is a jumble of truth and untruth.

There you go.

The sacred religion of Christianity was birthed at A.D. 1. (I am a Christian)

However, I believe that one should actually learn,read,and study the Quran first.

I’ve read it ~ what is it that you wish for us Christians to learn from it?

And here is a question for you…

Do you believe the koran is the WORD OF GOD?

Good, then you understand that Islam is newer than Christianity or Judaism, even though they may pick and choose some of our beliefs in which to believe.

I don’t see why it is necessary for a Christian to study lies. I would read, yes-for academic reasons, but study falsehood, no.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.