Quick Question...

I was a southern baptist who became Muslim and have realized the truth of Catholicism. I left Islam months ago but I am afraid that I cannot go to Christianity because I turned away from it before and fell into Islam

You can always, always, always come back to the Lord and to His Church.

Talk to a Catholic priest, God bless you. I am praying for you!

You can always convert to Catholicism. There is no “one chance” rule.

The Lord will always welcome you home. Just as in the parable of the prodigal son, he will welcome you with open arms. Welcome home my friend.

thank you all…it makes me feel much better to know I can go back to Christianity. I think part of my problem honestly, as a protestant, was that I could coincide the statements of Jesus that a good tree bears good fruit and the statements of Paul that salvation is through faith alone but the idea that salvation is through faith and can be seen in the good deeds as a sort of proof as taught by the church makes so much more sense.

I have never been Catholic before but I thoroughly believe it was because I was not Catholic that I became so confused and was searching for answers. People really need to become more aware of the growing threat of Islam and what is going on in this country (even in the Bible belt). Islam is taking over the U.S. and it is not through force but conversion.

Islam will not prevail. Have faith in Jesus to defend His Church. “The Gates of Hell will not prevail against it!”

Oh I have faith but I do believe that the flock needs to wake the flock up (pun intended)

=abdullahfathi;9258096]I was a southern baptist who became Muslim and have realized the truth of Catholicism. I left Islam months ago but I am afraid that I cannot go to Christianity because I turned away from it before and fell into Islam

ANY and ALL sins are forgivable EXCEPT denial of God/ Jesus Christ.

Come in home!:thumbsup:

God Bless,
pat/PJM

Abdullah,
Read the parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32), and pray on it.
You will find the strength to return to Christianity

Not to hijack the thread, but what does that mean, exactly? I think I remember hearing that years ago. Forgive me; I’m new. That verse may be part of the reason the OP is unsure if a return to Christianity is possible.

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

=SurlyMermaid;9276442]Not to hijack the thread, but what does that mean, exactly? I think I remember hearing that years ago. Forgive me; I’m new. That verse may be part of the reason the OP is unsure if a return to Christianity is possible.

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

It means:

1. Knowing that God does exist [a reality; not a myth]

2. That Jesus Christ IS God

3. That God is Triune [the Mystery of all mysteries’"

4. Then “knowing of God” accepting Him as God and Savior and doing ALL that He commands.

5. And that this God is Anxious to forgive any and all past sins with TRUE repentance and conversion through the Sacrament of KNOWN forgiveness of sin.

**1John.1 Verses 8 to 10 “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”

1John.5 Verses 16 to 17 "If any one sees his brother committing what is not a mortal sin, he will ask, and God will give him life for those whose sin is not mortal. There is sin which is mortal; I do not say that one is to pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which is not mortal.

John.20 Verses 20 to 23" When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained"

**Heb.5 Verses 1 to 6 ** “For every high priest chosen from among men is appointed to act on behalf of men in relation to God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins. He can deal gently with the ignorant and wayward, since he himself is beset with weakness. Because of this he is bound to offer sacrifice for his own sins as well as for those of the people. And one does not take the honor upon himself, but he is called by God, just as Aaron was.”

John.15: 16 “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide; so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.”

God Bless,
pat/PJM

The Catholic church is the One, True church that Christ intended to exist after His ascension into heaven and of which He left Peter as its first pope…264 popes later to Pope Benedict XVI. And the gates of hell have not and will not prevail against her.

Start there.

In hoc signo vinces.

I apologize but I went back to Islam. Too much about Islam makes sense to me. I will not bash Christianity on here. I will simply say that there is much that I have found out about the Bible that deeply concerns me but like I said I do not wish to offend anyone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.