"Quick summary" of beliefs for non-Catholic religions?

I am teaching a discussion-style CCD class for high school students (grades 9-12). Last Sunday we discussed the fact that many Catholics don’t practice their faith, and were just beginning to get into reasons that Catholics leave the Catholic Church for other faiths.

Toward the end of class kids asked several questions on how faiths differ, and the beliefs of other faiths. I didn’t have all the answers and suggested we continue that part of the discussion next weekend.

Is anyone aware of an online source for a quick summary of the beliefs of different religions and how they differ from Catholicism? It would be great if I could find a very brief description of the beliefs and practices of:
[LIST]
*]Mainline Protestant denominations
*]Pentecostals
*]Jehovah’s Witnesses
*]Mormons
*]Muslims
*]Hindus
*]Buddhists
*]etc.
[/LIST]
Thanks!

Thank you for these links! Let me share two other links I found since my original post, just in case they will help someone else (or in case someone sees a glaring error in them that I should be aware of):

religionfacts.com/big_religion_chart.htm
religionfacts.com/christianity/charts/denominations_beliefs.htm

This isn’t quite what you asked for, but I would recommend Peter Kreeft’s book Fundamentals of the Faith as a good follow up resource. He looks at Christianity (in general) as compared with the other major word religions from an apologetics standpoint. Later in the book, he also looks at the major differences between Catholicism and Protestantism. It’s very helpful for dispelling the myth that all religions are basically the same.

there is a book “how to be a perfect stranger” and another one that summarizes faiths. i will try to find the name of

The same professor as my 2nd signature link. :slight_smile:

catholiceducation.org/articles/apologetics/ap0027.html#

How about that! The article in that link is even an excerpt from the very book I recommended. :slight_smile:

Well, if a Catholic Christian and a Protetstant Christian are in agreement, it must be good stuff.

Amen to that! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.