Quiet Riot - RealCatholicTV

realcatholictv.com/free/index.php?vidID=vort-2011-07-25

Another great episode by Michael, I truly enjoy watching these episodes and think that with the most recent ones he is coming upon a topic that is very controversial and has caused a lot of division within the church, so much that when a priest was giving a homily on a few of the points that Michael made in prior videos about contraception 10 people walked out and one had to be forcefully removed because of shouting during the homily.

I am glad these videos are coming out, time to speak the truth in charity. Bold, but true and doing so in a most gracious way. God Bless Michael Voris and RealCatholicTV.

What kind of a reaction would you get at your parish if the priest gave a homily on the evils of contraception and artificial birth control?

Applause and affirmation. :slight_smile:

For those of us without a subscription.

youtube.com/watch?v=-mS_8Iws5K8&feature=feedu

:thumbsup:

You can sign up for a free e-mail notice of the Vortex episodes on www.realcatholictv.com

I also liked this last episode. I am reminded of the scene in Narnia when winter is beginning to fade and the snow and ice are melting. These Vortex episodes and CIA documentaries are blowing the lid off the abuse in our Church and helping to bring in the new age. This is the springtime of the new evangelization!

Thank the Lord!

I recommend supporting this service by subscribing. I am watching the Basic Training Series titled Apologetics. It is worth every penny of $10/month.

[quote="Samuel63, post:4, topic:249829"]
You can sign up for a free e-mail notice of the Vortex episodes on www.realcatholictv.com

I also liked this last episode. I am reminded of the scene in Narnia when winter is beginning to fade and the snow and ice are melting. These Vortex episodes and CIA documentaries are blowing the lid off the abuse in our Church and helping to bring in the new age. This is the springtime of the new evangelization!

Thank the Lord!

I recommend supporting this service by subscribing. I am watching the Basic Training Series titled Apologetics. It is worth every penny of $10/month.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that. :thumbsup:

:blessyou:

[quote="Mirror_Mirror, post:1, topic:249829"]

What kind of a reaction would you get at your parish if the priest gave a homily on the evils of contraception and artificial birth control?

[/quote]

They generally don't become more popular. They know what they are up against.

I always stop to shake hands, compliment them, and offer support after such a homily. Especial if it is the pastor. It takes guts not to hand off that topic to a parochial vicar or wait for a retreat from an outside priest.

[quote="Mirror_Mirror, post:1, topic:249829"]
realcatholictv.com/free/index.php?vidID=vort-2011-07-25What kind of a reaction would you get at your parish if the priest gave a homily on the evils of contraception and artificial birth control?

[/quote]

Blank stares and confusion as most everyone at my parish is over 65 y.o.. But it does need to be said.

[quote="Samson01, post:7, topic:249829"]
Blank stares and confusion as most everyone at my parish is over 65 y.o.. But it does need to be said.

[/quote]

How many of them have grown Catholic children who are contracepting? They still need to hear it, and pass it along.

~Liza

I've heard two excellent homilies on artificial birth control, aka contraception, abortion, and natural family planning at my parish recently . Last Sunday, the priest said, flat out, "Don't contracept!" Both homilies were very well received. At the Prayers of the Faithful, we often pray for an end to contraception and abortion.

Jim Dandy

[quote="lizaanne, post:8, topic:249829"]
How many of them have grown Catholic children who are contracepting? They still need to hear it, and pass it along.

~Liza

[/quote]

This isn't assumption, but is fact as Padre is a constant witness to the protection of the unborn and has spoken of these things. He even constructed a memorial for the unborn, but the parish is slowly disappearing with every funeral. It is a sad thing to witness.
cogforlife.org/kuchinsky915.htm

So true. I’ve heard plenty of older (and younger sterilized) folks say they wish they had more kids.

[quote="Bearontherun, post:3, topic:249829"]
For those of us without a subscription.

youtube.com/watch?v=-mS_8Iws5K8&feature=feedu

:thumbsup:

[/quote]

Thanks for adding that, did not realize that it was linked to the subscribed page. :thumbsup:

[quote="mark_a, post:6, topic:249829"]
They generally don't become more popular. They know what they are up against.

I always stop to shake hands, compliment them, and offer support after such a homily. Especial if it is the pastor. It takes guts not to hand off that topic to a parochial vicar or wait for a retreat from an outside priest.

[/quote]

I agree that it is important to say thank you, shake hands and compliment them on their homilies. I think that it is equally important to suggest topics such as this for them to discuss during their homilies

[quote="Jim_Dandy, post:9, topic:249829"]
I've heard two excellent homilies on artificial birth control, aka contraception, abortion, and natural family planning at my parish recently . Last Sunday, the priest said, flat out, "Don't contracept!" Both homilies were very well received. At the Prayers of the Faithful, we often pray for an end to contraception and abortion.

Jim Dandy

[/quote]

Now THAT is awesome. You have a great priest. God Bless him. Continue to support him in any way that you can.

[quote="mark_a, post:11, topic:249829"]
So true. I've heard plenty of older (and younger sterilized) folks say they wish they had more kids.

[/quote]

I have heard this many times as well. Too often people cannot think past the next 24 hours as to how a decision will affect the rest of their lives.

If you have the time, I would recommend checking out www.realcatholictv.com and check out the CIA part of the site to view the “Contraception Deception”

It is an hour, but well worth it.

At my current Parish, all but a tiny handful would thank him for addressig it. Of the tiny handful, the one who would disagree the most would only address him in private, not daring to make a public statement in front of the Chuch community. (My perception is that is someone rebuked him during a homily he would give a stern chastisement from the pulpit…he doesn’t mince words…he has said that he tries to mirror St. John Vianney in his homlies/sermons. )

Sadly, at the Parish I grew up in, the Priest would likely get the same rection as the one who wrote to Michael. Those who wouldn’t get up and walk out would probably have a confused look on their faces wondering when the Church decided to stop allowing contraception. :frowning:

I absolutely cannot stand watching lengthy videos, unless it is something very engaging (like an action movie or something). My attention span is very short (borderline attention deficit). HOWEVER, my wife and I did watch the “Contraception Deception” and it held my attention fairly well. It’s a great report and I highly recommend it.

There was one part I disagreed with, where he got a statement from somone (a theologian?) regarding NFP. He said that if NFP were mis-used, it could be mortal sin because the couple was able to enjoy the marital embrace without allowing for procreation. In reality, except in true cases of abuse of NFP, the couple is NOT enjoying a marital embrace because they are not engaging in that embrace…they are abstaining. Anyway, I’m not trying to start a debate here…there are PLENTY NFP threads in the “Moral Theology” forum…so I’ll stop here. :wink:

ahs

I think that the point that was trying to be made is that NFP can be abused.

I think that it was a very well put together presentation, they at RCT do a lot of leg work to make that happen, I commend them for that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.