Quitting smoking today!

hello,
I am asking for your prayers.I am quitting smoking today! I know that with Gods grace that I can do this!
Thank you all,
Beth

Yes you can! I quit last September!!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

May you focus your will on loving the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength - and not on anything else. May you pray a lot for the strength to stay focused on the Lord’s goodness and beauty and not on creatures, like cigarettes. Praying that through grace and your love for God you will break from your habit of smoking as sheer will-power won’t do it. Amen.

I pray that the Lord will give you the strength and perseverance to never smoke again. All the Glory and Honour is Yours, Jesus. Amen.

:blessyou:

I was very HAPPY to see that someone was giving up smoking – I can’t believe how many young people are smoking today – I live near two high schools and every time I drive by there are many students outside the school smoking.
The reason I feel so strongly about this is that my sister died about 5 years ago of lung cancer. She had smoked from the time she was a teenager until she was diagnosed with lung cancer. I visited her in the hospital the day before she died and she was in agony – the next morning her son called me with news of her death and I literally thanked God.
I truly pray for every smoker each and every day and will include you in my prayers.

May God grant you serenity, to accept the things you cannot change, courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death.

Amen.

I will remember you in my prayers today.

Know that you can succeed. I have been a non-smoker now for a little over 4 years after having been a heavy smoker for nearly a decade.

Sacred Heart of Jesus
We place our trust in Thee

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus,
We place our trust in Thee.

Sacred Heart of Jesus,

Sacred Heart of Jesus,

Praying hard.

Good for you!

Praying for you …

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.