QUIZ: What religion/view of theology, etc. are you?

Take this to find out:

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870
(quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870)
)http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870
(quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870)

I came out 96% Roman Catholic! :stuck_out_tongue: I better get with the rest of the 4% up there!

I was 96% Roman Catholic too. Weird huh? What 4% are we missing?

[quote=crobynb]I was 96% Roman Catholic too. Weird huh? What 4% are we missing?
[/quote]

No clue! Hope we’ll find out soon! :smiley:

100% Roman Catholic!!!

100%!!!

Possible questions causing the 4%
1.Preaching the word is more important than worship
2.Inner experience is key to understanding God and is a good assurance that he exists
3.There is little or no human element in the Bible, it is a divine book

1. I’d say worship is more important. After all, growing in the faith is more important than starting in the faith.
  2. I think I gave this a 3. Grace is real and can be felt, but ultimately this is very subjective and lends itself to self-deception.
  3. I gave this one a 2 or 3. Read “The Interpretation of the Bible in the Church”, a document presented in 1994. I personally believe that understanding the human element lends itself to a greater understanding of the fuller meaning of Scripture.

Also, some of the questions aren’t necessarily a 1 or a 5. There are some partial truths among the questions. All in all a pretty interesting test.

[quote=Aaron I.]100%!!!

Possible questions causing the 4%
1.Preaching the word is more important than worship
2.Inner experience is key to understanding God and is a good assurance that he exists
3.There is little or no human element in the Bible, it is a divine book

1. I’d say worship is more important. After all, growing in the faith is more important than starting in the faith.
  2. I think I gave this a 3. Grace is real and can be felt, but ultimately this is very subjective and lends itself to self-deception.
  3. I gave this one a 2 or 3. Read “The Interpretation of the Bible in the Church”, a document presented in 1994. I personally believe that understanding the human element lends itself to a greater understanding of the fuller meaning of Scripture.

Also, some of the questions aren’t necessarily a 1 or a 5. There are some partial truths among the questions. All in all a pretty interesting test.
[/quote]

Hmmmm…interesting. I should know better to have Mass more important than preaching the word, that’s left to our Evangelical Protestant brethren! :stuck_out_tongue: But you’re right…worship as a Catholic is VERY important!

100%!!! (Great, now that I’ve made this known, I’ve received my reward. Now what’s Catholicism going to provide me? Just kidding :wink: )

Has anyone tried “pretending” to be something else to see what answer you get?

100 catholic
93 evangelical holiness
79 neo orthodox

OK - I’m not so sure about this quiz now. I clicked a bunch of stuff at random and got 75% Roman Catholic as my highest score. I went back to look at my entries:

Mary - 3
Communion of saints - 4
Pope - 5

So I tried changing Pope=1 to see what happens. RC drops to 3rd, but I still have 61%

Putting all 3 at level 1, I still had RC of 43%. Maybe that means 43% of RC’s don’t believe in the Papacy, Mary, or the communion of saints. Actually, now that I say that out loud, maybe the quiz is right?

**100% Catholic. **

Not bad for someone who’s been Catholic for less than two years, huh? :slight_smile:

Scout :tiphat:

96% Catholic.

[quote=forthright]Has anyone tried “pretending” to be something else to see what answer you get?
[/quote]

“I do the research, so you don’t have to”

After scoring 100% RC (next closest were evangelical holiness/wesleyan and neo orthodox, tied at 71%), I took the quiz again, answering everything right down the middle. Clicking submit led to a “tie-breaker” which presented 9 statements from which you pick the one that is “most true”. :rolleyes:

Selecting each in turn, every component score is still listed at 50%, but I was selected as:
[list=1]
*]Preaching the word is more important than worship => Reformed Evangelical
*]Inner experience is key to understanding God and is a good assurance that he exists => Classical Liberal
*]The Gospels tell us more about the early church than they do about Jesus => Modern Liberal
*]Karl Barth’s theology is hugely important => Neo orthodox
*]The world was literally made in six days => Fundamentalist
*]Older churches are unintelligible to modern people => Emergent/Postmodern
*]It is right to baptise infants => Roman Catholic
*]Speaking in tongues is one of the most important parts of being saved => Charismatic/Pentecostal
*]God’s grace enables us to respond to him => Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
[/list]

PS.
On my “real” score, I am also 0% reformed evangelical!

tee

was pleasantly surprised to get 100% Roman Catholic, since i thought my knowledge of the faith was only basic.

woooo.

You scored as Roman Catholic.

You are Roman Catholic. Church tradition and ecclesial authority are hugely important, and the most important part of worship for you is mass. As the Mother of God, Mary is important in your theology, and as the communion of saints includes the living and the dead, you can also ask the saints to intercede for you.

100% Roman Catholic
79% Neo orthodox
68% Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
61% Fundamentalist
46% Emergent/Postmodern
36% Charismatic/Pentecostal
32% Reformed Evangelical
29% Modern Liberal
21% Classical Liberal

PF

Your friendly neighborhood Methodist came out 93% Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan, & 79% Catholic.

Well, It just told me I was Catholic. chuckles Boy, where did it get that Idea? smiles for a second. Stops. looks at himself over in a frantic way. Looks up Oh my. I think I am Catholic. Gasps Sorry, Had too. laugh Nice quiz.

What a shock–100% Catholic, only 18% Reformed Evangelical! :slight_smile:

My wife took the quiz using her old beliefs - - 14% Catholic.
Re-took using her current beliefs - - 54% Catholic.

Only 46% to go!!:thumbsup:

Roman Catholic

89%                                       				   							 								Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

82%                                       				   							 								Classical Liberal

68%                                       				   							 								Emergent/Postmodern

64%                                       				   							 								Neo orthodox

57%                                       				   							 								Modern Liberal

46%                                       				   							 								Fundamentalist

46%                                       				   							 								Charismatic/Pentecostal

36%                                       				   							 								Reformed Evangelical

21%                                       				                var graph_str1="Roman Catholic

89%Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

82%Classical Liberal

68%Emergent/Postmodern

64%Neo orthodox

57%Modern Liberal

46%Fundamentalist

46%Charismatic/Pentecostal

36%Reformed Evangelical

21%"; function get_code() { var result_str=" You scored as Roman Catholic. “+result_str1+“
What’s your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com”; var graph_str=”"+graph_str1+“
created with QuizFarm.com”; var img_str=""; if(img_str1!="") img_str = “”+img_str1+“
created with QuizFarm.com”; else img_str=“No Images”; var all_str=""+img_str1+" You scored as Roman Catholic. "+result_str1+graph_str1+“
created with QuizFarm.com”; if(document.frm_code.code.value==“all”){document.frm_code.html_code.value=all_str;} if(document.frm_code.code.value==“graph”){document.frm_code.html_code.value=graph_str;} if(document.frm_code.code.value==“text”){document.frm_code.html_code.value=result_str;} if(document.frm_code.code.value==“pic”){document.frm_code.html_code.value=img_str;} }

89% Catholic…

And 21% Reformed Evangelical as the lowest.

In the middle, Neo Orthodox is at 57%.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.