Quote of the Week: '49 Percent Says Homosexual Behavior Is Morally Wrong'

“The poll also finds that half of the public (49 percent) says homosexual behavior is morally wrong, while 9 percent say it is morally acceptable and 35 percent say it is not a moral issue.”

—From a Pew poll out today on recognition for gay relationships

usnews.com/blogs/god-and-country/2009/10/09/quote-of-the-week-49-percent-says-homosexual-behavior-is-morally-wrong.html

Is there a vote for “it’s none of my business”? Because that’s how I feel. I really don’t care if someone chooses to be a homosexual. that’s between him/her and God.

Whenever I see these polls…I always wonder who actually participates in them. No one has ever ever questioned me or any one I have ever come in contact with.

And the odds are against this ever happening. Such polls are typically about 2000 people, in a country with 228 million adults, that is less than 1 in 100,000.

Gee, I sure wish Obama felt that way, instead of vowing that he’ll ram “gay marriage” down the country’s throat.

I don’t remember hearing that. I thought he just said they should be given equal rights. Can you find a quote or something for me? I’m looking, but can’t find it.

You can find this on www.catholic.org here is part of what he said in a speech last Saturday:

The president then turned to the issue of legalizing same-sex marriages, saying, “I support ensuring that committed gay couples have the same rights and responsibilities afforded to any married couple in this country.”

“I believe strongly in stopping laws designed to take rights away and passing laws that extend equal rights to gay couples. I’ve required all agencies in the federal government to extend as many federal benefits as possible to LGBT families as the current law allows. And I’ve called on Congress to repeal the so-called Defense of Marriage Act and to pass the Domestic Partners Benefits and Obligations Act.”

Without naming names, the president criticized pro-family groups for trying to introduce and pass legislation to protect marriage that defines it as being between one man and one woman. These groups are pushing “divisive and deceptive efforts to feed people’s lingering fears for political and ideological gain,” Obama charged.

“If we are honest with ourselves we’ll admit that there are too many who do not yet know in their lives or feel in their hearts the urgency of this struggle. That’s why I continue to speak about the importance of equality for LGBT families, and not just in front of gay audiences. That’s why Michelle and I have invited LGBT families to the White House to participate in events like the Easter Egg Roll, because we want to send a message.”

“That’s the promise of America, HRC. That’s the promise we’re called to fulfill. Day by day, law by law, changing mind by mind, that is the promise we are fulfilling,” President Obama said, finishing his speech.

I don’t see anywhere there that he will RAM IT DOWN OUR THROATS, though. I see it as affording them equal rights. I guess we are interpreting that differently. Oh well…agree to disagree I suppose.

catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=17362

Admittedly, a pep talk to his choir, but he still outlines his vision just as clearly as Hitler did in Mein Kampf. He wants to legitimize same-sex "marriages, he wants to change the country’s attitutudes so that this abomination is seen as completely normal, he wants to remove the laws which classify marriage as being between one man and one woman, he wants to pass a “hate crime” bill to muzzle all those who object to this perversion, he wants to force the military to accept open deviants into the ranks, and he wants to alter the Constitution to hamstring all those who disagree with mainstreaming this perversion.

Between this, his wholehearted support of butchering infants, his anti-Americanism, and the communists and whackjobs he surrounds himself with and places in positions to make policies affecting the rest of us, there is no way I can ever or will ever support this man. He is the living epitome of everything I believe to be wrong, and I will resist him and his radical agenda to the last fiber of my being; I live for the day when he is out of office.

Huh?

What are you talking about? I’m not aware of any discussion of Constitutional amendments, except by those who want to exclude same-sex marriage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.