Quote your favorite moment from your favorite movie

“I wish the ring had never come to me.”

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Will: Do you like apples?
Clark: Yeah.
Will: Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples?

• Good Will Hunting

The Lion in Winter: any line, any scene.

Did the sea part for your crossing?

It went flat when I told it to. I didn’t think to ask for more.

Hugo da Silva: “Only the fool saith there is no God” from The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima

Clark Davis: “The truth of God’s love is not that he allows bad things to happen. It’s His promise that He’ll be here with us when they do.” from Love comes softly

Most quotes from “The Ten Commandments”

The ending of “Gone with the end”

And many, many more…

Dearly beloved friends,

Cordial greetings.

A favourite scene of mine is from Sergio Leone’s The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (part of his Dollars Trilogy, you may recall), where Father Ramirez (Lugi Pistili) encounters his bandit brother Tuco (Eli Wallach) at the mission where the good brothers are attending to the wounded on both sides in the Civil War. A very emotional and moving discussion takes place between the two brothers and Father is a little sceptical to begin with asking Tuco, “Outside of evil, what else have you done?” This enrages Tuco who begins to talk about both of their biographies and how he was always disadvantaged from the outset and that this resulted in him choosing his way which was “harder”. Tuco says, “where we came from, either you became a priest or a bandit, you chose your way and I chose mine”. In actually fact, Father Ramirez truly loves his fallen brother, even though he is a bit of a good-for-nothing, and is in the end very ashamed that he has been unduly harsh and possibly a little uncharitable. When Tuco has has enough of his brother’s sermonizing he physically assaults him and impatiently departs in a very distraught state. Father Ramirez calls out to him, as good Catholic and Christian, “Tuco, Forgive me brother”. Moreover, we know from a conversation that later takes place between ‘Blondie’ (Clint Eastwood) and Tuco, that the latter loves his brother deeply and holds him in high esteem. He says, “My bother, he is like the Pope in Rome, you know…whatever happens I know that I will always have a bother who will give me a bowl of soup…”.

This scene is so very poignant within the context of the entire film, a jolly violent Spaghetti Western that pulls no punches, which focuses upon three amoral men who shamefully seek for a stash of loot that is burried in a cemetery (“Sad Hill”) amidst all the horrors of the Civil War where “so many men are wasted so badly”. The accompanying soundtrack provided by musical maestro, Ennio Mariconne, only adds to the deeply arousing nature of this whole sequence. The Father Ramirez character is a model of true Catholic piety and charity, as indeed are all the Brothers at the Mission. We surely need many men of this calibre and noble character in the Contemporary Church!

Warmest good wishes,

Portrait

Pax

One of mine would also have to be from Gone With the Wind:

Rhett Butler: "You ought to be kissed ... and often ... and by someone who knows how!"

I do believe I'm starting to swoon just thinking about it! :love:

Spencer Tracy interrogating Fredric March in “Inherit the Wind”:
“G-d tells Brady, and Brady tells the world…Brady, Brady, Brady!” (Please, no discussions about evolution.)

“God has sent me a big strong man!”

From Lilies of the Field. I think that this wonderful movie should be more widely known, and shown.

King Arthur’s line from Excalibur, after drinking from the grail:
“I didn’t know how empty was my soul, until it was filled.”

I wouldn't say the most recent Batman movie was my 'favourite,' but this moment is definitely up there:
The scene with the two ferries (one full of ordinary people, one full of convicts) rigged with explosives by the Joker, and each contains the other's detonator...that hulking brute on the convict boat goes to the warden with the detonator and says 'Give it to me... and I'll do what you shoulda did ten minutes ago.'...then he throws it overboard!...and the chap on the other ferry can't bring himself to press the button either.
A great affirmation of human goodness in a fairly grim story, but it made me ask: 'What if this happened in the real world?...'

Early on in “Fiddler On The Roof,” the geese running around in the farmyard. :thumbsup:

Well to pick a single favorite probably is impossible...There are a number of movies that just seem to hit the mark all the way through.

I like that someone mentioned "Lilies Of The Field". Excellent Movie.

If I have to pick one though I'm going to say it's a Movie called "You Can't Take it With You" from 1938. The Patriarch of the Family has the finest and most Christian outlook and it's summarized in how he says grace before meals...

Grandpa Vanerhoff: "Well, Sir, here we are again. We've been getting along pretty good for quite a while now - we're certainly much obliged. Remember all we ask is just to go along the way we are, keep our health; as far as anything else is concerned, we leave that up to you. Thank you."

Here's another exchange he has with a fellow that really sets the tone...
*Grandpa Martin Vanderhoff: How would you like to come over to our house and work on your gadgets?
Poppins: Your house? Well I don't know, thank you.
Grandpa Martin Vanderhoff: Oh go on, you'll love it. Everybody at over at our place does just what he wants to do.
Poppins: Really?
Grandpa Martin Vanderhoff: Mmm-hmmmm.
Poppins: That must be wonderful. But how would I live?
Grandpa Martin Vanderhoff: The same way we do.
Poppins: The same way? Well who takes care of you?
Grandpa Martin Vanderhoff: The same One that takes care of the lilies of the field, Mr. Poppins, except that we toil a little, spin a little, have a barrel of fun. If you want to, come on over and become a lily too. *

It's the great simplicity and the great Joy and consequently the great wisdom that comes through that I really like.

Peace
James

Grace:" thats the way it works, today you're making a ghost costume, tomorrow you'll be sewing a wedding dress"
- The Story Lady

Sanka Coffie: The key elements to a successful sled team are a steady driver, and three strong runners to push off down the ice... ICE? Ice!
Derice Bannock: Well, it's kind of a winter sport, you know.
Sanka Coffie: You mean winter, as in ice?
Derice Bannock: Possibly.
Sanka Coffie: You mean winter, as in Eskimos and igloos and penguins and ICE?
Derice Bannock: Maybe.
Sanka Coffie: See ya!
- Cool Runnings

“You shall not pass!!!”:slight_smile:

I love this movie :thumbsup:

As for myself pretty much anything from Ghostbusters, especially my sig :smiley:

"Game over man. Game over. What the f*** are we supposed to do now!?"
Aliens

:D

"Those aren't pillows...!" - Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

It’s not a quote…

But my favorite movie moment is Arwen and Aragorn’s big kiss in Peter Jackson’s “Return of the King”.

To date that is the greatest movie kiss I’ve ever seen (it’s the only movie kiss that got an emotional reaction out of me) :love:…and is always the start of a 20 minute cryfest because I always weep like a baby from then to the end credits. :blush:

I've got two in my head right now. :o

I do not fear death!
- Aragorn, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

I pity you... you just don't get it at all. There's not a thing I DON'T cherish!
- Cloud Stife, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

GWTW: "I won't think about that now, I'll think about it tomorrow. After all, tomorrow IS another day" by Scarlett

The line speaks of unending hope.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.