Quotes on the Mass/Eucharist

I found some quotes on the Mass and the Eucharist that really are inspiring. Hope you enjoy them!

Once, St. Teresa was overwhelmed with God’s Goodness and asked Our Lord “How can I thank you?” Our Lord replied, “ATTEND ONE MASS.”

“If we really understood the Mass, we would die of joy.” - St. John Vianney

“The celebration of Holy Mass is as valuable as the death of Jesus on the cross.” - St. Thomas Aquinas

“When you approach the tabernacle remember that he has been waiting for you for twenty centuries.” - St. Josemaria Escriva

“Always remain close to the Catholic Church, because it alone can give you true peace, since it alone possesses Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, the true Prince of Peace.”

“All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man.” - St. John Vianney

I desire to unite Myself to human souls, Know, My daughter, that when I come to a human heart in Holy Communion, My hands are full of all kinds of graces which I want to give to the soul. But souls do not even pay any attention to Me; they leave Me to Myself and busy themselves with other things…They treat Me as a dead object. (1385)
Now you shall consider My love in the Blessed Sacrament. Here, I am entirely yours, soul, body and divinity, as your Bridegroom. You know what love demands: one thing only, reciprocity…(1770) - Jesus to St. Faustina

"Do you realize that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you - for you alone? He burns with the desire to come into your heart…don’t listen to the demon, laugh at him, and go without fear to receive the Jesus of peace and love… - St. Therese, the Little Flower

‘He said: This is my Body; therefore the Eucharist is not the figure of his Body and Blood, as some have said, talking nonsense in their stupid minds, but it is in very truth the Blood and Body of Christ.’ - St. Macarius the Great

Thank you! Awesome quotes!

Awesome quotes, thank you for sharing.

Here are some more:

The Blessed Virgin Mary once told Her faithful servant Alain: “My Son so loves those who assist at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass that, if it were necessary He would die for them as many times as they’ve heard Masses.”

There is nothing so great as the Eucharist. If God had something more precious, He would have given it to us. ~ Saint Jean Vianney

Thoughts about the Eucharist from J. R. R. Tolkien.

Where does this quote come from? It is awesome and I want to use it for a retreat. Just need some context and need to be able to reference it. Thank you!

“The celebration of Holy Mass is as valuable as the death of Jesus on the cross.” St. Thomas Aquinas

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.