R.I.P., Bil Keane

Bil Keane, the creator of The Family Circus cartoon and a lifelong Catholic, passed away on Tuesday at the age of 89.

blog.beliefnet.com/news/2011/11/family-circus-cartoonist-bil-keane-brought-quiet-faith-to-the-daily-comics-for-50-years.php

I never met the man but had some mutual friends who knew him well (he lived here in Arizona) and said he really was a fun guy to know, and a devoted family man (as you might suspect.) His son will continue with the strip… I was just in the Phoenix diocesan office in the Basilica of St. Mary’s in downtown Phoenix, and was looking at some of the original framed artwork in the hallway he had done over the years for the St. Vincent de Paul Society food drives and for various causes and Bishops over the years.

Being the mother of five children, his cartoon strip was “right on” about family life.
I will pray for his soul and his family. I’m glad to hear that his son will continue the
strip.

Nice to Share with us…

Greetings Arizona Mike,

I am very glad that the comic strip will continue. I am praying in the other thread for his soul.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

I was always a fan of his comics.

May he rest in peace with the Father forever.

:harp:

This is so sad… It’s good to hear his son will carry on the comic strip: I don’t read it as often as I should, but I’ve always loved it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.