R.i.p. Davy Jones (The Monkees)

I immediately thought of that episode of “The Brady Bunch” where Marcia gets him to play at her school:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRNFus7Pbp4

Sad news. Prayers for repose of his soul :frowning:

I grew up listening to their music, and my kids are just starting to enjoy old episodes of the TV show.

Prayers that he will find peace.

Eternal rest grant unto him, o Lord....

The Monkee's music always brightens up my day when I hear it.

Love their music too. May he rest in peace...

I loved the Monkees too and grew up with their music. I loved Day Jones like most young girls and always wondered what happened to him.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace. Amen.

I absolutely loved the Monkees when I was a child and each one of them was a favourite at one time or another, but I always had a soft spot for Davy as he was the littlest and sweetest looking (and he was English!).

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen

Amen

Sad news. :frowning:

[quote="Luigi_Daniele, post:3, topic:275533"]
Eternal rest grant unto him, o Lord....
Amen.

The Monkee's music always brightens up my day when I hear it.

[/quote]

My first thought was for the girls of a certain age.;) I gather that some considered him to be not ugly.

The Monkees. I once saw an interview with one (or more?) of them. Apparently they set out to be comedians, not a pop band. They even spoke with the Three Stooges for advice.

*Monkees - Daydream Believer *

[quote="The_Reginator, post:9, topic:275533"]
My first thought was for the girls of a certain age.;) I gather that some considered him to be not ugly.

The Monkees. I once saw an interview with one (or more?) of them. Apparently they set out to be comedians, not a pop band. They even spoke with the Three Stooges for advice.

*Monkees - Daydream Believer *

[/quote]

Yes, that's true. The Monkees was designed first and foremost to be a TV show. It was just supposed to be good comedy. They never intended to actually be good at making music or to get so much fame from their music. They should have been like every other made-for-TV band that no one has ever heard of, but they became music legends instead.

The Monkees came on the scene when I was about eight years old. My first crush was on Davy Jones. The news of his death yesterday hit me kind of hard; a big part of my childhood has gone with his passing.

Rest in peace, Davy.

How did he die?

[quote="chris62, post:12, topic:275533"]
How did he die?

[/quote]

He had a heart attack.

My 2-year-old boy is fond of a post-Monkees Davy Jones song - he did a musical recording of the Sandra Boynton children's book "Your Personal Penguin". It's very cute.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.