R.I.P. Matt

I want to thank everyone who kept Matt in their prayers. Sadly, he passed away yesterday. He was on life support since late Friday night. Many, many tests found that there was no brain activity whatsoever & his parents made the agonizing decision no parent ever wants to make and took him off life support. He passed shortly after. Matt was a bright light in our lives & we have so many wonderful memories that will be with us always. He lived life with gusto & made us laugh. I ask my friends here to pray for the repose of his soul & to remember his family in your prayers. Thank you & may God Bless you all.

Praying for Matt and his family…

Praying for Matt’s soul and for comfort and healing for his family.

“Jesus answered him, “In truth I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise”

Lord Jesus, please welcome Matt into your loving, outstretched arms that with your angels and saints he may praise you forever. Bless his family, grant them comfort and strength and an unwaivering hope in you.
May your divine assistance remain always with us and may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace
Amen

Christ bless him and angels speed to bring his souls to God the Father.

Amen

Praying with Bible verses from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Mid-morning reading (Terce) Jeremiah 29:11,13 ©
I know the plans I have in mind for you – it is the Lord who speaks – plans for peace, not disaster, reserving a future full of hope for you. When you seek me you shall find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

Noon reading (Sext) Jeremiah 30:18 ©
The Lord says this: Now I will restore the tents of Jacob, and take pity on his dwellings.

Afternoon reading (None) Baruch 3:5-6 ©
Do not call to mind the misdeeds of our ancestors, but remember instead your power and your name, for you are indeed the Lord our God.

I find I’m unable to say much, only tell you Matt and his family will be in my Christmas masses. My heart goes to the family more than I can say. I ask Jesus to be with them now and always in this lifetime loss of Matt

Eternal rest grant unto Matt, O Lord. And may Your perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
Amen.

O Christ God, with the saints grant rest to the soul of your servant in a place where there is no pain, no grief, no sighing, but everlasting life. May his memory be eternal and may his family and friends be comforted in their loss.

May he rest in peace and God comfort his family and friends!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.