R.I.P. Walter Cronkite 1916-2009

Broadcast journalist Walter Cronkite has died at age 92, The New York Times reports.

nytimes.com/

nytimes.com/2009/06/26/arts/television/26arts-CRONKITEISSE_BRF.html?ref=television

:bigyikes: Goodness! So many famous people are passing.

more info

mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/walter-cronkite-iconic-anchorman-dies/

And that’s the way it is: Rest in peace, Mr. Cronkite.

I’m glad he enjoyed a long, full life. Rest in peace, Mr. Cronkite!

He was a great man.

At one time, next to LBJ, he was the most powerful man in America

Former Pres. Bush (41) was qucik to issue a statement calling Cronkite a pioneer in television journalism and a towering & respected figure

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/global/story_tools/txt_minus.gif http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/global/story_tools/txt_minus_dn_.gif
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/global/story_tools/txt_plus.gif http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/global/story_tools/txt_plus_dn.gif
(CNN) – Walter Cronkite, the CBS anchorman known as “Uncle Walter” for his easygoing, measured delivery and “the most trusted man in America” for his rectitude and gravitas, has died, CBS reported Friday.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/US/07/17/walter.cronkite.dead/art.cronkite.gi.jpg Walter Cronkite, former CBS anchor known as “Uncle Walter,” has died.

i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/content/in_the_news/left_gray_btn.gif
1 of 2
i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/global/pic_changer/next.gif
more photos »

Cronkite was 92.

cnn.com/2009/US/07/17/walter.cronkite.dead/index.html?section=cnn_latest <----- Full link.

:thumbsup: He’s missed, more than he can know. He helped America through some really rough times. :crossrc::crossrc:

Famed, CBS News Anchor Walter Cronkite should not have been known as the ‘most trusted man in America’. The man you saw reporting the nightly news was an avid proponent of the New World Order, an annual attendee of the Bohemian Grove, a hater of Christians and the sovereignty of the United States of America. In his acceptance speech for an award he received from the World Federalist Association for his great works in this area, Mr. Cronkite made some of the following comments which can be viewed on youtube.com:

After dis’ing the Christian Coalition and religious right, he quoted Pat Robertson as writing that ‘We should have a world government but only when the Messiah arrives. Any attempt to achieve world order before that time must be the work of the devil.’ Then in Walter’s own words he said, “Well join me I’m glad to sit here at the right hand of Satan.” This was followed by loud applause.

Not so sure Mr Cronkite is resting in peace. He needs our prayers.

…that’s good to here… wonder how long he pondered? Oh, well even a hog stumbles on an acorn or two… Mr Cronkite as special and will be missed

As a child growing up in the 1960’s I remember Walter Cronkite very well. The 1960’s were a scary time for a child: the assassinations of President Kennedy, Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr., the Vietman War, the civil rights movement…so much violence! I remember Walter Cronkite on the evening news as a wonderful, solid presence in the midst of chaos. He was the ultimate professional as a news journalist. I wish today’s journalists followed his standards of professionalism and integrity.

I will miss him!

Let me get this right…he’s being missed because you liked the way he reported the news despite all his evil doings?

I read he was ill for quite awhile before his death. I am hoping during that time he reflected on his ways and repented for the salvation of his eternal soul.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

…good to see sincere concern for his mortal soul…

One of my favorite sayings is ‘love the sinner, hate the sin’, but sometimes it’s difficult. I am into fighting against the new world order and he was a powerful foe.

Walter Cronkite a “foe”? Wow! That’s a new one! Are you paranoid?

I don’t think this is the place to debate Walter Cronkite’s legacy, but I think its a ridiculous place to make allegations about him being a powerful foe in the New World Order, and he was in no way Satanic (clearly facetious remarks at Pat Buchanan’s expense regardless).

**Paranoid? ** Yeah, probably.:eek: But everyone should have some paranoia in regards to the plans of those involved in the New World Order. But, I’d rather consider myself in regards to this subject educated, informed and anxious to alert others. :okpeople:

Ezekiel 33:6 “But if the watchman hears the enemy coming and doesn’t sound the alarm to warn the people, he is responsible for their deaths.”

I’m sorry. I thought this was a thread in regards to the life of Walter Cronkite.

My remarks are not allegations, but facts, which I can readily defend. The words came directly from Mr. Cronkite’s mouth. And, the writing Mr. Cronkite referred to was of Pat Robertson, not Buchanan.

To learn more about this subject, I recommend the book by Catholic author Ted Flynn titled “Hope of the Wicked, the Master Plan to Rule the World”.

Pray for us, oh holy Mother of God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.