Rabbi announces messiah

What do you all think of this video? My Baptist friend emailed it to me today. Rabbi Kaduri was a highly ranking and respected Rabbi in Israel. Writes down the name of the Messiah who he claims appeared to him. He says all will be revealed when Ariel Sharon dies. Sharon is still in a coma.

youtube.com/watch?v=GSJkTPOMLig

From my limited study of Judaism their messiah will be a human being and not Jesus Christ. Jesus is to return at the end of this wicked system,after the antichrist reigns and sets himself up as God.

If you study this rabbi further you can clearly see the Jesus he is proclaiming is not the one Christians worship and love as their Savior.

I simply refer to two things in Scripture on such matters...

First Jesus told us that we shouldn't chase after such things.
Second is the comment in Acts by a Pharisee where he advised leaving the Apostles alone saying - If this thing is of men, then it will pass, but if it is of God then you cannot fight it without fighting God. (words to that effect anyway..)

It's an interesting Video...but, true or not, it should have zero effect on how one lives their life as a Christian. Love God, Love neighbor and be Love in the world...

Peace
James

When our Messiah returns so will everyone else's. :thumbsup:

Stuff on YouTube is normally worth the paper it's printed on.

I'll be watching what happens after AS passes on.

ICXC NIKA

To understand what the rabbi was saying(if he really wrote the note) then you must look at some of his writings. He claims the Messiah will appear to Israel and that nitially he will not know who he is until infused with the second soul or,the breath of God.the rabbi is a Kabbalist or occult mystic.

This is in total opposition to not only the catechim but the writings of many of the church fathers.Jesus always knew who he was and why He was sent. He also warned us many would come in his name but to not be deceived.He returns at the end of this wicked system and all will see Him even those who pierced Him.

If anyone says to you then, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. False messiahs and false prophets will arise, and they will perform signs and wonders so great as to deceive, if that were possible, even the elect. Behold, I have told it to you beforehand. So if they say to you, ‘He is in the desert,’ do not go out there; if they say, ‘He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For just as lightning comes from the east and is seen as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
(Matthew 24:23-27 NAB)

[quote="Holly3278, post:7, topic:285814"]
If anyone says to you then, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. False messiahs and false prophets will arise, and they will perform signs and wonders so great as to deceive, if that were possible, even the elect. Behold, I have told it to you beforehand. So if they say to you, 'He is in the desert,' do not go out there; if they say, 'He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For just as lightning comes from the east and is seen as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
(Matthew 24:23-27 NAB)

[/quote]

Indeed. And there have in fact been false messiahs since our LORD's day.

ICXC NIKA

As it is intimated in the scriptures, and articulated by the Church fathers, we know that in the end times a false Christ will appear and he will get many of these faithful jews to believe in him and follow him as the messiah. So I keep a close eye on the developments among the jews in things such as this, since as the Church fathers have said, the antichrist will be a jew, and come as a jewish messiah in similar fashion to Jesus Christ.

When the Jewish leaders incited the crowd to ask for Barabbas instead of Jesus, this had eschatological implications as well as immediate ones. Barabbas means "son of the father," the Jews chose this son of the father over the Son of the Father in Jesus Christ. And in the same way the antichrist will be embraced by the jews as the long awaited messiah in place of Jesus, a false messiah who acts more like Barabbas instead of Jesus. Meaning that, when Jesus comes in peace, the antichrist, like Barabbas will come in violence, like Barabbas' fellow zealots in the time of Jesus who sought a materialistic restoration of Israel to its former glory rather than seek out the true kingdom of God which as Jesus teaches "is not of this world"

Thank you for all the information and advice guys. :thumbsup:

I know youtube is not a reliable source but I guess human curiosity overtakes.

[quote="_L, post:9, topic:285814"]
As it is intimated in the scriptures, and articulated by the Church fathers, we know that in the end times a false Christ will appear and he will get many of these faithful jews to believe in him and follow him as the messiah. So I keep a close eye on the developments among the jews in things such as this, since as the Church fathers have said, the antichrist will be a jew, and come as a jewish messiah in similar fashion to Jesus Christ.

When the Jewish leaders incited the crowd to ask for Barabbas instead of Jesus, this had eschatological implications as well as immediate ones. Barabbas means "son of the father," the Jews chose this son of the father over the Son of the Father in Jesus Christ. And in the same way the antichrist will be embraced by the jews as the long awaited messiah in place of Jesus, a false messiah who acts more like Barabbas instead of Jesus. Meaning that, when Jesus comes in peace, the antichrist, like Barabbas will come in violence, like Barabbas' fellow zealots in the time of Jesus who sought a materialistic restoration of Israel to its former glory rather than seek out the true kingdom of God which as Jesus teaches "is not of this world"

[/quote]

Excellent post! :thumbsup:

[quote="_L, post:9, topic:285814"]

[/quote]

Interesting post. I never knew that the name Barrabas means 'son of the father'.

End times is not something I ponder often as I choose to work on myself daily and hopefully when it comes I'm ready and in an acceptable spiritual state for receiving Christ.

[quote="loko, post:12, topic:285814"]
Interesting post. I never knew that the name Barrabas means 'son of the father'.

[/quote]

Neither did I. Interesting....:hmmm: hhmmmm.

End times is not something I ponder often as I choose to work on myself daily and hopefully when it comes I'm ready and in an acceptable spiritual state for receiving Christ.

This is wise...especially since Jesus himself told us we cannot know the day or the hour. Far better to concentrate on the here and now so that we can be as ready as possible when He does come...Or when He calls us from this life.

Peace
James

[quote="cjforJesus, post:2, topic:285814"]
From my limited study of Judaism their messiah will be a human being and not Jesus Christ. Jesus is to return at the end of this wicked system,after the antichrist reigns and sets himself up as God.

If you study this rabbi further you can clearly see the Jesus he is proclaiming is not the one Christians worship and love as their Savior.

[/quote]

Some inaccuracies and missed points:

Jesus Christ is true man and true God. So, He is a human being in His incarnation. Also, the thread is simply saying that the Rabbi-at the age of 108-received a revelation from Jesus Himself that He is the long awaited Messiah.

There is no allegation that this was the case all along the Rabbi's life of teaching and preaching but a last revelation- which would've probably changed a lot of what the Rabbi believed throughout his life.

Nothing more nothing less. Paul had a chance to right the wrong he had done with the persecution.

The Rabbi had a chance to capitulate-in as little time as afforded to him- on the truth revealed to him and the most effective means of sending this forth to his people. It had to be built up so that it would have power of persuasion and the impact that it had on him.

Nothing more nothing less.

[quote="perro_sarnoso, post:14, topic:285814"]
Some inaccuracies and missed points:

Jesus Christ is true man and true God. So, He is a human being in His incarnation. Also, the thread is simply saying that the Rabbi-at the age of 108-received a revelation from Jesus Himself that He is the long awaited Messiah.

There is no allegation that this was the case all along the Rabbi's life of teaching and preaching but a last revelation- which would've probably changed a lot of what the Rabbi believed throughout his life.

Nothing more nothing less. Paul had a chance to right the wrong he had done with the persecution.

The Rabbi had a chance to capitulate-in as little time as afforded to him- on the truth revealed to him and the most effective means of sending this forth to his people. It had to be built up so that it would have power of persuasion and the impact that it had on him.

Nothing more nothing less.

[/quote]

I really think you should examime his writings more.Jesus Christ is NOT the Jewish messiah,Ask any Jew. Kaduri claims Jesus is living in Israel now! How can you reconcile that with the teachings of the bible and Jesus himself??

rabbi Yitzhak Kaduri - "It is hard for many good people in society to understand the person of the Messiah. The leadership and order of a Messiah of flesh and blood is hard to accept for many in the nation. As leader, the Messiah will not hold any office, but will be among the people and use the media to communicate. His reign will be pure and without personal or political desire. During his dominion, only righteousness and truth will reign.

"Will all believe in the Messiah right away? No, in the beginning some of us will believe in him and some not. It will be easier for non-religious people to follow the Messiah than for Orthodox people.

"The revelation of the Messiah will be fulfilled in two stages: First, he will actively confirm his position as Messiah without knowing himself that he is the Messiah. Then he will reveal himself to some Jews, not necessarily to wise Torah scholars. It can be even simple people. Only then he will reveal himself to the whole nation. ‑The people will wonder and say: 'What, that's the Messiah?' Many have known his name but have not believed that he is the Messiah."

[quote="loko, post:1, topic:285814"]
What do you all think of this video? My Baptist friend emailed it to me today. Rabbi Kaduri was a highly ranking and respected Rabbi in Israel. Writes down the name of the Messiah who he claims appeared to him. He says all will be revealed when Ariel Sharon dies. Sharon is still in a coma.

[/quote]

I find it terribly sad that Rabbi Kaduri would come to know Jesus is the Messiah, but not embrace Him as his Messiah by becoming a Christian.

This video compares this rabbi's revelation with St. Paul's; however, as a result St. Paul became & died as a Christian, but this rabbi died outside of the Church.

The Bible is clear that NO man knows the hour of Christ's return.

[quote="ComeHome2Rome, post:16, topic:285814"]
I find it terribly sad that Rabbi Kaduri would come to know Jesus is the Messiah, but not embrace Him as his Messiah by becoming a Christian.

[/quote]

Ho do you assume that he did not accept the Messiah?

[quote="cjforJesus, post:15, topic:285814"]
I really think you should examime his writings more.Jesus Christ is NOT the Jewish messiah,Ask any Jew. Kaduri claims Jesus is living in Israel now! How can you reconcile that with the teachings of the bible and Jesus himself??

rabbi Yitzhak Kaduri - "It is hard for many good people in society to understand the person of the Messiah. The leadership and order of a Messiah of flesh and blood is hard to accept for many in the nation. As leader, the Messiah will not hold any office, but will be among the people and use the media to communicate. His reign will be pure and without personal or political desire. During his dominion, only righteousness and truth will reign.

"Will all believe in the Messiah right away? No, in the beginning some of us will believe in him and some not. It will be easier for non-religious people to follow the Messiah than for Orthodox people.

"The revelation of the Messiah will be fulfilled in two stages: First, he will actively confirm his position as Messiah without knowing himself that he is the Messiah. Then he will reveal himself to some Jews, not necessarily to wise Torah scholars. It can be even simple people. Only then he will reveal himself to the whole nation. ‑The people will wonder and say: 'What, that's the Messiah?' Many have known his name but have not believed that he is the Messiah."

[/quote]

What the Rabbi says as quoted here definitely doesnt pass the smell test.

His statement is in direct conflict with the Bible:

"For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Hi, Loko,

I am amazed. But, rather perplexed. So, if Rabbi Kaduri had a vision of Christ as the Messiah, the waiting util one year after the Rabbi's death to reveal this revelation strikes me as less then impressive. It would seem that proclaiming Christ boldly - would be what I expected, given the details of the video. But, a year after his death - he makes the announcement? Hmmmmm ... I just don't see any reason for this timerity.

By the way, Ariel Sharon has been in a coma since 2006 - this is no small accomplishment that he would still be alive.

God bless

[quote="loko, post:1, topic:285814"]

[/quote]

When jesus returns He will be recognized, especially by the jews, asthe long awaited Messiah.

The flesh and blood figure, accepted by some and rejected by others, already came to His people and was not recognized despite His message and miracles-witnesses.

When He returns-it will be in glory.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.