Rachel Dolezal is nearly homeless on food stamps

Rachel Dolezal is nearly homeless on food stamps

dailycaller.com/2017/02/25/rachel-dolezal-is-nearly-homeless-on-food-stamps/

Former NAACP branch president Rachel Dolezal, who lied about being black but still identifies as black, is now jobless, living on food stamps and expects to lose her home next month.

Read more: dailycaller.com/2017/02/25/rachel-dolezal-is-nearly-homeless-on-food-stamps/#ixzz4Zn7CC7cz

Jesus, have mercy on her and on all homeless people.

Amen!:amen:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular ( Rachel Dolezal), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

Often times, our lives are the result of the choices we make. We all must admit, though, that it is a very strange thing for a person of one race to “switch” to another, as if changing race (or sexuality for that matter) is really not much more difficult than changing your shirt or socks. While I’m sure she doesn’t see it this way, her troubles are all base on lies, lies that she freely chose to employ. The irony to me is how even the liberal left thought she had crossed a bridge too far. Its a shame; she seems like a nice person with no ill will aimed at anyone. She could probably use some professional help. Good luck.

This lady is mentally ill.

This. We are born with ethnicity & gender prepackaged. We don’t get to choose. Those who think otherwise do need help & it’s a piteous shame that they can not get it because our culture has deteriorated to such a degree.

I was going to quip that if she had just listened to Tucker Carlson interview Democratic leader Zac Petkanas she would know you can change your gender by saying you are different than biologically created, but he says it’s ridiculous to think you can change your race.

But reading the article shows she has some significant issues and needs help. I pray she finds both the help she needs and a place to live while she’s taking care of whatever it is she needs to.

Praying for her.

This poor woman suffers in part because others have affirmed other people in their self-delusion.

Dolezal thought she could live the self-delusion paradigm too.

Something to keep in mind the next time for example, a guy tells you he is a gal (don’t affirm him in his self-delusion).

Praying for this poor woman as well.

“I feel like the idea of being trans-black would be much more accurate than ‘I’m white.’ Because you know, I’m not white.”

She is still denying reality based on her “feelings” (“I feel like . . . .”).

eth·nic·i·ty
eTHˈnisədē/
noun
“the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.”

It might be true that we are born into a particular ethnicity, i.e. that we belong at the time of our birth to “a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.” But none of us necessarily have to remain a part of the social group into which we were born. So it is certainly possible for someone to be born into a white American Catholic social group but join a Muslim Middle Eastern social group, perhaps by marriage, religious conversion, learning to speak Arabic, etc. It is not, of course, possible to change one’s race, but a white person could still become a part of an African American social group by adopting it’s culture and traditions. Such a person might marry an African American, have bi-racial children, spend most of their time as a part of that culture, etc.

And here we have the confirming of her delusion.

Sorry, but one doesn’t get to be black, or white, or Native American, or Latino, by marrying into or hanging out with that culture. One doesn’t get to be Irish by wearing green shamrocks and drinking Jameson or Harp. One doesn’t get to be Italian by watching the Sopranos every day and marrying a guy named Vinny.

We are what we ever were. To think we can just decide we “identify” as something else is a cultural appropriation that is just wrong. What she did is a type of blackface and so is deeply disrespectful, IMHO. :dts:

Well said; I especially agree with the comment professional help might be of use.

Mary.

She is a sad case. There was nothing wrong if she enjoyed black culture or even identified with black social concerns. We can certainly have an interest in a different culture or nationality. Some people even migrate to areas for that very reason. Her difficulty was because she created a falsehood and claimed to be black. She denied who she was. She could have acknowledged that she was white person and still feel a connection with the black culture. She could inundate herself with it and probably no one would have really cared. I hope she will be able to resolve her identify issues and that she can find gainful employment,

I disagree if what we are talking about is culture. It’s true enough that people often look at people not being born into a culture as not being fully a member. But isn’t that racism? Isn’t that saying a man can never really be a part of a group because of his blood?

The stuff about “cultural appropriation” is ridiculous. For example, if someone from the Middle East moves to the United States and assimilates to American culture by wearing suites and ties, blue jeans, goes to baseball games, eats hamburgers and pizzas, speaks English, etc., is that a form of “cultural appropriation”? Or what about someone from Algeria (a former French colony in North Africa where most of the people are Muslims) who moves to France, their children grow up speaking French and they speak French, eat French food, wear the same clothing that French people wear, become French citizens, etc., is that “cultural appropriation” and “just wrong”? How long would they have to stay in France to be considered “French”?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can we just start self identifying race so this lady can have her job back?

:thumbsup:

sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Rachel-Dolezal-Near-Homelessness-After-Rejecting-10961304.php

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.